Just showing her off...!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apache5056

apache5056Dscf1899.jpg

apache5056Dscf1900.jpg

apache5056Dscf1902.jpg

apache5056Dscf1903.jpg

apache5056Dscf1905.jpg

(I have changed the graphite ridepads BTW)

Any and all comments are welcome......

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, nicely trimmed without looking like a cargo crate. (no offense to the "all wood look" guys).

Grim Had a Sport 40 done kinda the same that I really liked.

Wow nice job Wayne!!!!!

I saw some of the buildup pics at Jims too, Very well made,

Gene ;)

Thanks for the compliments... I will be doing some serious testing for the Gas NATS in June.

I have 2-3 more on the back burner with one going to be donated to the NATS for a raffle or whatever.

This a the plug for the cowl. I'm not sure when it will be ready though.

apache50560sporthydrocowl1.jpg

I've got the fin and cowl to install and then wait for some open water..... The boat weighs just over 12lbs RTR.

apache5056port.jpg

apache5056starboard.jpg

apache5056transom.jpg

I have a question since i am not overly familiar with hydro design practice. On the bottom shot, the sponsons curve from the tip and then step down and from there run pretty much flat on back. They are "notched out" from the main body of the hull obviously to make the pads narrower and reduce wetted surface. If the boat then needs more lift in the front would you fill in the notches some and make them a little wider or add to the bottom of the pads to lift the front of the boat?

Mark B)

Hello Mark...

The "notches" are there for a couple of reasons. "Traping" is a bad word in my vocabulary. The notches relieve the air from the bottom of the boat, make the stance of the boat wider than what it looks, and also narrows the ride pads. If you wanted to trap more air under the boat, thus making the boat flightier, you can fill in the notches and extend an air trap back further. I am no expert by any means though. These engines put out so much power now, lift is not necessary. For those who don't know, this design holds the IMPBA SAW record. Oh yeah....plans and kits are available. (shameless plug)

Brian

Blazer Marine

Brian, you may not call yourself an expert but you sure know how to design a boat! And kit planning a boat takes time and patience. If i get a thirst for a gas boat one of yours would be at the top of my want list. Thanks for the reply. Wonderful job on the constuction and finish Wayne.

Mark

NIce boat wayne.

I did get to see a few sneek peek pics of dennys new boat also.

Hey what pipe is that your running?

Brain, do you build the hydros for people?

Tom

wayne Nice rudder blade and mount sure looks sturdy. Looks just like one that I make. you can mount the stearing arm on the right or left side? ;) and the blade the taper stop just short of the trailing edge. and might have 2 holes for water pick up?

any way nice boat . gota get mine going soon.

Jimmy :D

The hardware is from Doc. John. I've had it laying around here for quit some time.

The images do the paint justice. It did not turn out near as nice as I was hoping but then again, it's a race boat. I'm sure to bounce it off something sooner or later.

I've started another off Brian's new set of plans. It's gone from panel to frame in 6 hours. I'm hoping to have it's belly skinned this weekend.

apache5056twins.jpg

The pipe is an old Blois or Toys for Big-Boys pipe. Not to sure which. Would like to have a couple more though.

Latest posts

Back