JAE gas rigger build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you added any nose blocks yet? The ones for the sponsons only seem to be able to go on one way, I'm wondering if my sponsons are too big?

Not yet still gluing on parts,as long as you can get coverage no problem with nose blocks

I can, but it'll be the wider portion against the sponson rather than the thinner more elongated portion sticking out. I'll go ahead with gluing that on. Thanks for the tip. Can I ask what engine/pipe setup you're gonna use?

i have a full mod RCMK built by Scott Schneider, no pipe as of yet If Joe dont get some in stock soon I might try a Cooper. its going to be a friggin ROCKET. If we can keep moving hope to start sealing this weekend

I can't wait to see yours done. I hope to have mine done by the end of July!! I'm going stock rcmk se, unusure of pipe yet. Another question-when I centered my boom tubes, I basically measured each tube from the tub side to the end and it came out even at 9 1/8". Is that the just of centering them?

I was waiting for a Zipp cowl but have a backup plan. If a buddy dont have one I have the tools to make one. Ski is going on tonite tub will be done then I will start sealing tomorrow...More pics soon. We centered the booms also. Sponsons are close just need the tops......

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting for a Zipp cowl but have a backup plan.

We should have cowlings for the JAE gas rigger within days. This will cover the front of the engine only, so if using a side intake, you must also use a carb shield.

Joe

Getting back on track we have the nose block on so after it gets shaped time to seal the tub. My son has the sponsons almost complete just needs the nose blocks. I will mix up some West and milled glass give the inside corners of everything a good smear and seal the whole boat with Mas Epoxy. Pics soon PS its HOTTT in my shop a/c needs to run a couple hours before I can work

I got my cowling last Thursday from Joe, I need to get some shots of it but don't know if he's got it on his site yet.

Mike, I was going to get mine sprayed red but now I'm going to have to pick another color. Bring yours along to Hobart, done or not as I want to see it. Mine is supposed to be there Saturday afternoon. Joe Petro's rolling over from NY but from what I understand, not racing but will be bringing along a lot of kits and hardware.

I got my cowling last Thursday from Joe, I need to get some shots of it but don't know if he's got it on his site yet.

Mike, I was going to get mine sprayed red but now I'm going to have to pick another color. Bring yours along to Hobart, done or not as I want to see it. Mine is supposed to be there Saturday afternoon. Joe Petro's rolling over from NY but from what I understand, not racing but will be bringing along a lot of kits and hardware.
I need some large decals. This boat is entered in 2 classes

Mike, what do you need? I've got 2 large ones from Jim Geiger and one huge one left as he sent me 2 of them for my trailer. I can bring them along These are the JAE "checkered flag" ones. I may have one or more of Joe's Zippkits decals also.

Mike, what do you need? I've got 2 large ones from Jim Geiger and one huge one left as he sent me 2 of them for my trailer. I can bring them along These are the JAE "checkered flag" ones. I may have one or more of Joe's Zippkits decals also.
Cool just bring em with you......

I'll throw them either in the trailer or my SUV. Look for my dark red Mercury Mariner with a 5' x 8' black vee-nosed Haulmark trailer with lot of decals on the left door. I'm trying to be there by 10:30 AM Thursday so get a good parking spot.

You probably don't remember me from last year although you more than likely saw me a lot wandering around. Me, I can barely remember yesterday. :blink:

I've been trying to work on mine today, the engine is mounted and the rudder hung right now. I'm really close to mounting the strut but it looks like I may have to notch the transom overhang to get it in the right position with the ski. Did anybody else have to do this?

Mike Walker assembled my kit and everything else looks good so far.

Ron,

I am using the Z strut and it sits flush against the ski. If anything try notching the ski if necessary. I am waiting on Joe to provide the changes for the turn fin. Have you decided on the prop yet? I am going to try the 3018 since the ski really limits how much prop is actually in the water.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, I was doing the test fitting before drilling the holes and placed the ski in position, that's when I found out that the strut wouldn't go low enough so that's when I wondered if anyone else needed to notch the overhang.

I'm holding off on the turn fin right now and prop as the boat probably won't see water anyway until next spring. I'm just getting everything drilled and mounted then tearing it down before it heads back out for final paint.

I've got 2 cowls for it, one of Joe's and a Tsunami T-Rex.

Back