IT's BACK The Rocket City Classic Huntsville Alabama

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2017 IMPBA INTERNATS US-1 JUNE 10th thru 17th more information will follow!
On my schedule as well. Looking forward to it guys. Have fun this weekend. Looks like the weather will be great for you all.

Oh man, what a detailed race report. Lots of info - NOT!
I been tracking the racing going on at Huntsville thru mike schindlers Facebook page and the racing looks great weather is awesome and the water is perfect. There having a lot of fun there. Mike Schindler is doing one hell of a job doing Facebook live so we can watch the heats as they happen.

Thank you mike in taking the time and broadcasting the heats on Facebook live.

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched on FB Jacob shoot his radar at Joe Warren RR 101 Twin speed 64 mph
default_huh.png
Not fast???

Thanks to Mike and Brad for the video's this weekend. Wish we could have been there. Looking forward to the Nats in June.

Tom & Cindy

Race was Good...!! Me ,not so Good.

John Equi...Stand-up Gentleman............Thank you for lunch.

Huntsville Club it can Grow...Great JOB.

The Brad & Mic...show..Hilarious..!!!!!

The Weather...HOT!!!

Major Thanks to all.....!!!!

ALLAN YUEN......YOU WANT NO PART of ANY RR 101 RSEVO XTREME..!!!
default_ph34r.png
default_wacko.png

Had a great time, 2nd overall in Bhydro with my redman sport20. If on Facebook like our new page, On the Mic with Brad and Mike, future races we will be posting live from there as we are trying to keep all the videos in one central location. Thanks for the fun time Huntsville guys and Andy Brown for the SGX spatula we used for our lunch
default_smile.png
check it out on Facebook
default_smile.png

I can't remember the last time I attended a race that had absolutely PERFECT weather the whole time. What an awesome race! Thanks Huntsville gang.

Great race with a Lot of Good People. We Raced & Cooked & Laughed.. Worked on the Nitro Twin most of the weekend after hitting a Dead boat in E ville 4 weeks ago. Made some 90 mph passes late. For those that are not running ABC 2700 & 2800 props You Will Or you will get passed. we are sneaking up on some different boat set ups for the low lift ABC props. 90 MPH bends a lot of stuff & our current hardware suppliers are not Building stuff to go that fast for heat racing. But the New Props Will allow that type of racing very very soon . But that is a ton of Prop walk on the rear end & you must get the Boat ready for it. Mark Grim traveled over from California & had a Great weekend Racing Hard in all his Classes & Winning. Thanks to Mark & Kim 1 for Coming over to playing toy boats w us & they will be back soon to live in Alabama. Rick Grim & his Wife Kim 2 done a great job calling the event the entire weekend..

Joe,

Just buy better hardware or have it made. Accu-Tec Hardware works well.

Offset the left front sponson .2 of a degree less on the left side

of the boat than the right front sponson, and that should help

your boat a lot. Also, check your rudder depth from the bottom

of the propeller downside blade, it should be 1" to 1.5" deeper

to the bottom of the rudder. With more blade depth you will need

a longer rudder. Rudder material 7075 T-7 works Very Well.
default_smile.png

May have to use titanium rudder, strut, and turnfin. The front sponsons

will ride higher with the new propellers so you will need a deeper turnfin

for sure Joe. I think you need to push the struts down a little more for the

lack of lift on the transom of the boat.

Just A Few Ideas For You,

Mark Sholund

We had a great time putting on this race it is and is one of the best run races that anyone will ever see. Of course it takes a great bunch of racers also. We had perfect weather and water. We had drivers meeting at 7:30 in the morning and the first heats of the day went off a 8:00 sharp for two days. We ran 110 heats for 5 rounds, was done and passing out awards by 2:00 Sunday afternoon. Thanks everyone for coming and it was nice to see all of the happy faces enjoying themselves.

Here are the results. A first place was giving for 3 boats and 3 places was giving for 6 or more.

B Sport O/B

Mike Tally

AB Hydro

Rocky Will

Brad Madlinger

Nick Simmons

Thunder Boat

Kim Grim

B Mod O/B

Alan Elzer

CD Hydro

Paul Traufler