Is the Mod VP class still going strong?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OB HYDRO

I am very interested in the Mod VP class and was wondering if it is a popular class?That was and still is my favorite OPC class.

There are PLENTY of them in D-3 also - The class will be offered at The Herb Stewart Challenge again this year also.

Thats mine in my avatar pic ;)

Where are you located ?

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dont know anyone in the midwest area that had any of them. I know Marty Slater (lives here in Iowa) is going to be putting one together, but just sort of a fun thing.

I would love to get one for the WTC.My whole family wants to race.My youngest is 14 and my oldest is 18.I would love to see my family race together.I raced kneel down hydros for 15 years but gave it up with knee problems.

The class turns out well every year at the WTC. Actually if there was still a nitro series in the disctrict it would do well there too. Everytime I have been to Brandon Fl. we have a good time with them. We need to get the hull rules in the book so everyone who is interested is on the same page. It mirrors the lifesize class.

The Mod Vp class, in my opinion, is the most fun class there is to run. We even do a modified le mans start at the Herb Stewart race.Andy post a link to some of the videos. It is a shame more people don't run the class.

We need to get the hull rules in the book so everyone who is interested is on the same page. It mirrors the lifesize class.
Mark- I couldn't agree more , you guys that have and run em , lets make it happen.

I have had MORE FUN running this class than any other to date-

The Mod Vp class, in my opinion, is the most fun class there is to run. We even do a modified le mans start at the Herb Stewart race.Andy post a link to some of the videos. It is a shame more people don't run the class.
You want the one where I pushed you out on the Lemans start last time at the H/S race :ph34r: :lol:

Sorry btw......... :rolleyes: (sorry for the quality-new cam this year)

BTW - The Tri-Oval makes it even better - just sayin ;)

I am very interested in the Mod VP class and was wondering if it is a popular class?That was and still is my favorite OPC class.
Bob.......it's a shame these haven't caught on up here. These are such a rush to watch and they put on one heckuva race.

Get ahold of Mark Poole and get one ordered.......his boats are some of the best I've seen and you shouldn't have to worry

about meeting the rules if they do take off up north.

I for one can't wait to see what Stebbins comes up with from his E-Bay find -_-

Any updates Robin ???

Ron you said - " you shouldn't have to worry

about meeting the rules if they do take off up north."

Do they differ from what Mark has laid out ??

Andy

Bob i lived in Gaylord for years tried getting people interested up there but didnt fly, try to get down to Brandon they have some great outboard races. Robert

WOODSTUFF RACING

Mike Crawford's Mod-VP at the Badger Pond

Here is how to do some testing and learn how to not drive a Mod-VP. Good luck at the tunnel championship Mike.

http://youtu.be/2UJaMnonSZ0

Impressive speed B) - will be interesting in race water, wish I could be there.

Somebody get some video please ;)

Looks good Mike, could you hear it thru your headgear?

Too cold to be out there for me.

Good luck at the tunnel champs.

I promise I will not even think of rain. LOL

Jerry

Can't wait to see it in the corners.... I and the rest of the visions look forward to the competition. And Andy I have room in the truck and trailer......

Back