I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome shot Bill !!!!
Thanks Andy, My digital camera is old...when the launch officer called the countdown, i hit the shutter at 3...i had no idea what would happen! Just got off the phone with Tom....sounds like yer Mrs. had a real nice birthday Saturday night! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK... lets have why you did not get your rocket in the air!..

Lets have it!

Grim

The only excuse that will pass is he forgot it at home Grim-

old age and all :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Lets hear it Bill..........
WELLL....if you insist :rolleyes: I ended up going to this launch solo..WHY? You ask......because Judy just HAD to get her hair done to look nice for the family for Thanksgiving...i tried to tell her that she looked fine just as she is.....SHE DIDNT BUY IT! And Haley and Hannah(G-kids) had a 2 day camp out with thier Girl Scout troop...i didnt have a chance....THEN they made me PROMISE not to launch the Arcas until they could be there to see it go up for the first time!! :rolleyes: :D OH!, i was tempted....but, please understand....i am a SAPP who is CURSED with a CONSCIENCE!.............AND THEY KNOW IT! Thats the story.....the Arcas WILL go up next month(i hope)I just want to get my first midpower launch in the books...Grim, im jealous! :D :D Andy if you ever get to see a mid or high power rocket go up....YOU WILL FREAK! Grim KNOWS what its all about!

YEP.. that is totally acceptable!.. I know just what you mean..

The Rocket can wait!

Now.. run the flight through your head a few times.. Aha.. its going to be good!

Grim

If the wind plays nice , Im going for my E- flights with the Magician and the Eliminator in the am .

Will try and get a launch shot or two - hopefully some video .

Andy

Grim...thats all i can do....launch it in my head over and over and....CANT WAIT untill Dec 18th! :rolleyes:

Andy, ive been eyeballin that Magician kit for about a month now....pretty MEAN lookin lil MISSLE! :)

Well I may be buying a new one with ya :blink:

Mine ended up on a 3 story apartment complex roof about a 1/4 mile away :rolleyes:

I found it after a half hour of looking but ran out of light- going in the am with my fishing pole to get it back :p

Im not real happy with the way it flew on its first flight with D12-5's

And Im really glad I didnt go for the E- motors first :huh:

Kinda had a funky twist :(

The sudden sea breeze didnt help :p

Also tried to get a shot of the Rascal coming off the pad- but its kinda blurry ....

It lost the chute about half way home :blink: Glad it landed in the grass......

34ordzc.jpg

Andy, it really didnt look too bad...but i would check the fin spacing AND alignment.....kinda like the feathers on an arrow....just a little bit off can make that happen.....i like the rocket though.....GOTTA GET ONE! :)

Successful "fishing " trip this morning ;)

Other than one lost Mirrorlure- a BUNCH of strange looks and a little time.

(Picture some idiot standing in your parking lot at 930 in the am tossing a lure onto the roof of the third floor) :rolleyes: :p

I managed to get the Magician back on about the 5th or 6th try , came back unscathed.......

She lives to fly again. B)

Note to self- bigger field ;)

Andy

This is really cool guys, haven't done a rocket since like 8th grade.... actually took and made a rocket car when i was a kid also. took a pickup truck model about 8 inches long and put rubber wheels and metal axles eye hooks on the bottom for guides along the string ( cant just let it go unguided) and mounted a C size engine holder on the back..... was a blast

I see there seam to be alot more engines than there was say 30yrs ago..... if i recall it was just abcd and i mainly ran just b & c engines

Thanks for sharing this is awesome :)

Paul

Love the dental work

Got to get yourself back into it Paul , Its WAY fun to re-live.

Weather looks PERFECT for some flights in the am - clear skies 70 degrees and a 3-5mph north wind .

Hopefully some good video and stills to follow.

Andy

Paul, if you do, POST PICS! We're really havin fun with this! I hope to be launching some stuff on the 18th.....you would not BELIEVE all the rocket stuff that is available out there today...low, mid and high power....just pick yer poison! :D

Looking good Grim -

Here's my fleet locked and loaded for what hopefully will be good flying weather in the am .
cool.gif

Gonna try and cover the whole gamett ,

B/C/D/E

29zarrb.jpg

Andy

Here is a new one..

The Pleiadian Destroyer

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0PDoS1mmwFNNR4AJSiJzbkF?ei=UTF-8&p=pleiadians%20missle&n=21&fr2=tab-img&fr=yfp-t-892-s

Boat Tail and set for a 24mm motor…

At 3.9oz it SCOOTS on an E…

Grim

O yea.. the hieroglyphics around the rocket say..

DON’T TOUCH MY JUNK

TRUE!
Grim, i LOVE the CLASSIC lines on that rocket! Who makes it? GOTTA HAVE ONE! Andy your fleet looks great! Just wanted to remind you that the TTRA launch is on the 18th! Hope you can make it!

Bill,

The rocket is designed by me and scratch built. The body tube is a BT-60.

The boat tail is an upside down nose cone with the top cut off. It’s the same nose cone as the one on the top.

The idea of the rocket was a Classic look.. Looks like I got that. It also needed to be very high performance.

Test flights on a D12-5 are encouraging!

Grim

Bill,

The rocket is designed by me and scratch built. The body tube is a BT-60.

The boat tail is an upside down nose cone with the top cut off. It’s the same nose cone as the one on the top.

The idea of the rocket was a Classic look.. Looks like I got that. It also needed to be very high performance.

Test flights on a D12-5 are encouraging!

Grim
GRIM! Ol buddy, Ol PAL....would you care to share some more "specefics" on your build? :) body tube length, nose cone part number, motor mount part number, fin template OR call Semroc, or Estes and see if they want to "kit" your design....I REALLY WANNA BUILD ONE.....I LIKE IT THAT MUCH! :) A very nice ship! :)

Bill,

Can do.. let me get a parts list together for ya..

Give me a day or so.. I will list it on here for others too!

Andy, Did we get some flying intoday?

Grim

Back