I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kaytlin LAUNCHED her first D-Motor after school today......

The wind was pretty stiff, hence the launch angle.

Granted , no on board camera's and head cams :p LOL

But pretty cool, I have to upgrade my launcher before we fire D- motors again, let alone E motors :rolleyes:

Look at the deflection in the launch rod :blink:

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaytlin LAUNCHED her first D-Motor after school today......

The wind was pretty stiff, hence the launch angle.

Granted , no on board camera's and head cams :p LOL

But pretty cool, I have to upgrade my launcher before we fire D- motors again, let alone E motors :rolleyes:

Look at the deflection in the launch tube :blink:

NICE CATCH ANDY!! :) ......bud........you DEFINETLY NEED to go to a 3/16ths lauch rod!! :lol: :lol: Id say you got the launch angle just right......that was a REAL GOOD launch....be sure to give Kaytlin a high 5 for me!! :)

Cool!

If I still had all the rockets I lost in trees when I was a kid, I wouldn't have the room to store them! When My kids were younger I had them building, and flying them till they lost intrest...in their early teens. The trees taught me that rocketry, in my part of the country at least, is a hobby for the dead of winter when the lakes are frozen over. I never had anything larger than a two stage D powered craft. Those huge ones they launch out in the desert at those rocketry events look awesome.

Larry

CATO sequence of my Super Vega..
At the first launch we went to , my 30+ year old Centurion, built with Ambroid model airplane cement(LOVED THOSE FUMES!), achieved an altitude of about 4 feet , then spit out the laundry....upon post crash inspection, i fount that that entire motor mount assembly broke loose and tried to launch itself out of the top of the rocket!........with a little R&R and EPOXY, took er back to the next lauch and she flew just FINE! :) :) NEVER SAY DIE! :D

Yea.. this one cored the bodytube and on one side the BT was gone..It was also on fire when I got to the rocket.. The body tube as a noodle! Funny stuff!.. it was old and needed to be put down!

Grim

Bill the weather is gonna be just like today, PERFECT !!!!!!

Call in sick and come join me at my field, Im planning on seeing if I can wear out the Rascal in one day ;)

Min 8 Launches :rolleyes:

I wanna launch the Eliminator on E's but the new stand isn't here yet .

Andy

Call in sick and come join me at my field, Im planning on seeing if I can wear out the Rascal in one day ;)

Andy
You have no idea how much id like to do just that...but we are BURIED at work and i will get SHOT!! :D HOWEVER....we WILL do this thing SOON... are you going to be able to get out to the TTRA field to launch on Nov 20? Judy and the g-kids BAILED ON ME for this launch due to other stuff so im going by myself...i wanted to launch my mid power ARCAS, but they STERNLY DISSAPROVED as they made it QUITE CLEAR that they want to be there for its first flight...so im just bringin some small stuff! It will be fun and the GODFATHER will be there also! :)

Grim

that was you on the news last night when they was talking about a missle launch over a city wasn't it :p

chris

Andy

Andy.. make sure you fly the E in lower winds.. they are a tad soft..

Grim

Andy

Andy.. make sure you fly the E in lower winds.. they are a tad soft..

Grim

Funny you mention winds :rolleyes:

It was perfect today until about the 6th launch.

C6-7 in the Rascal after 4 launches.

Im pretty sure this-

Explains this :rolleyes:

1zlgfuq.jpg

I lost it in the viewfinder of the cam- but picked it right up after I shut off.

Problem was , I missed the end of the 1000ft field getting greedy on a bit more vertical launch in the breeze. :eek:

Found the only pond in the place, I WASNT swimming for it. It was 15 ft from the edge of the pond- so it cost me a dollar a foot for my mistake .........

Needless to say - HobbyTown was the first stop on the way home for a new Rascal to stop the water works ;)

Andy

Andy.....that is PRECIOUS! PLEASE dont tell Kaytlin how hard im laughin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but DO tell her that im GLAD that DADDY got her a new rocket!! After seeing the pic of that poor lil thing crying her eyes out(AKA setting daddy up), if you didnt get her a new one..........i WOULD'VE! :p :)

Andy.....that is PRECIOUS! PLEASE dont tell Kaytlin how hard im laughin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but DO tell her that im GLAD that DADDY got her a new rocket!! After seeing the pic of that poor lil thing crying her eyes out(AKA setting daddy up), if you didnt get her a new one..........i WOULD'VE! :p :)
All good, we had the long talk about how " IT " can and will happen with hobby stuff ;)

Esp when Daddy runs X-Mono with Foley/Cordosa /Mongar and Ducheshne :lol: :lol: :lol:

She understands better , the replacement rocket didnt hurt :p

What she doesnt know yet is that when my new rocket shows up is she is gonna get to launch the D-powered Exterminator more B)

Andy

O man..

She is a trooper for sure..

Tell her Grim says its OK.. If she looses another let me know.. Grim will make it better!

Grim

O man..

She is a trooper for sure..

Tell her Grim says its OK.. If she looses another let me know.. Grim will make it better!

Grim
She already wants to know what Uncle Grim is getting her for Christmas :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding...... ;)

Thanks man, thats awesome B)

As far as the E-Motors go , Im assuming you mean they leave the pad softer ?

Andy

Back