I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my Patriot on both a D12 and an E9..

Both nice flights but both on the edge of pad speed.

I have the CG one caliber but might move that back a tad to pull off some weight.

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my Patriot on both a D12 and an E9..

Both nice flights but both on the edge of pad speed.

Im pretty sure Im at the edge of where I wanna be for now Grim ;)

Once it gets past , it launched - landed and flew again -or cant be replaced cheaply .

its no fun for me :p

I don' t want to complicate cheap fun :)

Geeze the E-flight was 45 secs longer ?

Thanks for the link btw- I think - LMAO

It will help with the Magician . ;)

Andy

Grim, the Patriot launches look just GREAT! Kinda makes me wish that i set up the GRAMMY1 for D/E power......something tells me im going to build another one! Your rocket looked real stable....how much weight did you add to the top to reset the CG? The larger, mid/high power stuff is cool, as i cant wait to see my ARCAS go up, but its fun to take a small clean, lightweight platform and see what it'll do!.......case in point, the Magnum i just finished. It only weighs 1.5oz, so it should be fun to watch on a D motor!........ i know its O/T, and im kinda hijackin yer thread :D :D , but.......i hope it will run okay with the SS.....im going to get some simple graphics for the cowl as soon as i figure out what i want! :)

Bill

The Hornet looks great.. Im not sure what I had to add to the patriot to get it one calaber ( i will have to check when i get home).. but its a TON! The CP is quite forward on that design.. not the best design for a 24mm motor up grade.. But.. I like em scale!

The Nemesis looks great.. the K+B should work well on it. Do you have the new sponsons on it?

Grim

Bill

The Hornet looks great.. Im not sure what I had to add to the patriot to get it one calaber ( i will have to check when i get home).. but its a TON! The CP is quite forward on that design.. not the best design for a 24mm motor up grade.. But.. I like em scale!

The Nemesis looks great.. the K+B should work well on it. Do you have the new sponsons on it?

Grim
Ummm....its a TS-3, store bought from Tower.I thought you had a hand in the design, so thats why i got one.....do you still think it'll run okay? (now im worried! :rolleyes: ).......HEY, if you find out how much weight you put in the nose of your Patriot, would you let me know? Id really like to build another one, ESPECIALLY after seeing yours launch! :)

Im stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK.. turn brain back on........

and.......

im here!

I know the boat runs well with the K+B lower.. so.. you will be fine.. that would be the only concern.

You will be fine

Will do on the Patty!

Grim

I thought this was a rocket thread.......

This was last weekend at SOWEGA.

Has anyone heard from Hearl.

got this one in from the club today.

Man I can blow stuff up!

Hated to have this happen to the AJ but o well.

Grim

Im not 100% sure but I suspect It was an O ring failure.. (it was an Aeroech reload)

Here is one of my IQSY Tomahawk.. We are not sure what happen here but this one may have had the nozzle plug up during spool up.

This one cost me the rocket.. the AJ is fixable.. BTY.. Aerotech is a GREAT company to work with.. they totaly covered me on the motor CATO..

Grim

Im not 100% sure but I suspect It was an O ring failure.. (it was an Aeroech reload)

Here is one of my IQSY Tomahawk.. We are not sure what happen here but this one may have had the nozzle plug up during spool up.

This one cost me the rocket.. the AJ is fixable.. BTY.. Aerotech is a GREAT company to work with.. they totaly covered me on the motor CATO..

Grim
Grim, im glad you showed the pic of the engine(s) as this concerns me a little......i also purchased a pair of F Econjet motors for my ARCAS......Hope mine doesnt do that.....sure have to respect the potential energy these motors are capable of realeasing...ALL AT ONCE! :unsure:

Bill

yea its s bummer when and if a motor fails BUT.. if you are flying Aerotech in an Aerotech!.. they have your back!

Flew a SIngle Use (SU) F50-4 in the Astra G a few weeks ago and no problems!

Have fun!

Grim

Got my E-Pad and 5mm rod today and Otto hooked me up with some D12/5 first flights ,

And some E9/8's if I get brave enough. ;)

Paint is drying on the Magician as I type.......

Hoping for calm winds in the next day or 2 B)

Pics to follow.

Andy

Back