Hobbico Servo repair center

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

Hobbico Sevo high power metal gear mini CS-35MG

Any idea where i might send this puppy for repair ?

It is making funny noises and not centering.

Somone told me who made them for hobbico but i forget.I figure i would send it away to see what it would cost to repair it.

It's our down time and the replacement cost 50.00 so i figured why not ?

Thanks

Terry

Somone told me who made them for hobbico but i forget.I figure i would send it away to see what it would cost to repair it.

Thanks

Terry
OUCH
1. Do you live outside the U.S. or Canada? If so, please contact the distributor in your country. Hobby Services does not provide warranty repair on products purchased outside of the U.S. or Canada.

Thanks

Terry
Terry,

Here's a link to Hobbico service info: http://www.hobbyservices.com/index.html

Since you're in Canada, you can send it in per the instructions.

Edit: the price of your servo is $24.99 at Tower: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXLN95&P=7 . At that price, I'd consider buying a new one. Also, it's possible that the problem is in the gears. A new set runs $15.49 at Tower: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXNB42&P=Z .

Last edited by a moderator:
Send to Great Hobbies in P.E.I look at web: www.greathobbies.com Good Luck!

Thanks guys , I did not know they were ony 25 bucks .i may try hobbyservices to see what they would charge to repair it.

I may try great hobbies but they really suck and overcharge on shipping as well.

The will not support the boating aspect of RC.

I have prepaid for merchandize and then sent someone in to pick it up and they do not like that ???

They like to ship outside the province and overcharge

Thanks guys , I did not know they were ony 25 bucks .i may try hobbyservices to see what they would charge to repair it.I may try great hobbies but they really suck and overcharge on shipping as well.

I have prepaid for merchandize and then sent someone in to pick it up and they do not like that ???

ITs not worth fixing and only 54in oz of torque is not enough to do most jobs right anyway, unless it just for throttle control

I would throw it away and buy another. Your time is worth more than the cost of the servo

Thanks guys , I did not know they were ony 25 bucks .i may try hobbyservices to see what they would charge to repair it.I may try great hobbies but they really suck and overcharge on shipping as well.

I recall seeing something on their web site that the minimum labor charge is $15. Add postage to that and you're getting pretty close to the price of a new one. Pulling apart a servo to change the gears is pretty easy. Since it's already not working, perhaps buy a new one and then use the old one to learn how to replace a gear set.

Latest posts

Back