Hammerhead 12 Plans Now Available

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To keep you all updated, I have worked on the 3point modifications and I'm almost done with the 3D CAD. Once that is done, I just have to put them in the plans, and write the instructions. I'm guessing some time next week i should have it done. :D

Hey Wade!

Thanks for the pics! Sure are nostalgic.

If you zoom in around the back of the boat, you will see that there is no anti-skip on mine.

I also didn't hammer-cut the left sponson. For a boat that will only turn left, there is really no need for one.

Sure was nice talkin' to you yesterday.

Good luck!

Hammer

Sounds great looking to run a wasp .12 rev have any info on this engine in a boat looks interesting and you can buy the shims for changing the timing from the factory what do you think is the best .12 for this boat by best I mean fast but not 400.00 worth fast, just looking around thanks JWB

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great looking to run a wasp .12 rev have any info on this engine in a boat looks interesting and you can buy the shims for changing the timing from the factory what do you think is the best .12 for this boat by best I mean fast but not 400.00 worth fast, just looking around thanks JWB
Hey there Nitrotwin!

It will be nice having you aboard in the HH family.

You will not be disappointed with any of these.

I personally like the 12TZ (P) T3. This is the engine that both Wade and I have used extensively.

When they say! Bullet out of the box, they mean it!

http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg1995.html

I agee with Hammer. I am a big fan the the OS 12's There isn't alot of fussing with them either, just install them and go.

That said, I am no expert on engines either, I'm sure there are a lot of great engines out there that would work great as well.

The only mods that i am aware of is changine the carb to a rotary type, and cutting the pilot end off the end of the crank to allow the collect and flywheel to be installed. I'm not really sure beyond that, I got my engine from Hamer.

I've run mine with a budget Trinity/Picco/Nova Rossi and an OS .12 . On my next project that will be hitting the water next week I'm trying out an LRP .12 from Team Associated. It's basically a Picco with another nameplate on it. The engine wan't cheap at $235.00 so it had better scoot!

12_mono_002.jpg

The only mods that i am aware of is changine the carb to a rotary type, and cutting the pilot end off the end of the crank to allow the collect and flywheel to be installed. I'm not really sure beyond that, I got my engine from Hamer.
Basicaly. Mine is actualy a .12 TR/PT which that one is based on, with improvements from what I understand.

Ron, What is your new 12 project? it looks like another mono.

Yup, it's another one! I plan on having it on the water sometime next week. If you and Steve are going out sometime like around the 28th or 29th, let me know and I'll cruise up that way. I'm on vacation next week but Monday, Tuesday and Friday are already shot with other things.

Monday night, sleep apnea test. Tuesday I'm waiting for a new seat for my Jimmy coming down from Weller's in GR. Friday is my wedding anniversary.

I'd like to see the new plans also and if you need what we talked about in the PM I can bring that stuff along too.

Ron and Hammer. both of those look cool. Ron, I could run boats on either of those days, I'm just not sure where. Maybe where we ran the last time you came up?

Hammer, I see you put one of those pictures to good use!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Drake is a sponsored racer for Team Losi the last that I knew. Here's the one that I just got: http://www.teamassociated.com/enlarge/lrp31280.htm . If I have time today I'll get it fired up.
How much did that team associated run ya, Ron?

Looking around, it seems that most of the TRUCK .12's have set-ups just like we need.

I've never played around with Nitro RC Buggies, Trucks or Cars. What's the scoop?

Are the truck engines tuned for more torque. Why don't they use pilot shafts?

Maybe a TRUCK .12 will turn a cupped prop better. What do you think?

The truck engines are designed to have peak power in the mid rpm range. They do typically have more torque but a lower peak rpm. You rarely would run a buggy at full throttle like an on road car. The on-road car engines run higher RPM ranges with peak HP higher in the range.

This is just what I have interpretted,.. could be totally wrong..

Adam Drake is a sponsored racer for Team Losi the last that I knew. Here's the one that I just got: http://www.teamassociated.com/enlarge/lrp31280.htm . If I have time today I'll get it fired up.

Looking around, it seems that most of the TRUCK .12's have set-ups just like we need.

I've never played around with Nitro RC Buggies, Trucks or Cars. What's the scoop?

The truck engines are designed to have peak power in the mid rpm range. They do typically have more torque but a lower peak rpm. You rarely would run a buggy at full throttle like an on road car. The on-road car engines run higher RPM ranges with peak HP higher in the range.
This is just what I have interpretted,.. could be totally wrong..

Do you think you would get worse performance using a truck engine in a rigger, Anthony?

Marty, I just fired it up for the first time yeasterday and it sounds good. Now I have to get it to a pond.

I went with this one as it has the rotary carb and the long threaded crank so it's easier to mount the flywheel and flex cable collet. Wade found out the hard way about using a cut SG shaft! We've got two cables with props sitting at the bottom of Spring Valley Lake, one was mine that I gave him after he lost the first one.

I can help out with a few tips and tricks when building this boat. One that I can think of off-hand is when putting the blind nuts inside the right sponson is to clip the prongs off a little to keep them from sticking through. These are the blind nuts for the turn fin bracket.

Latest posts

Back