Hammerhead 12 Plans Now Available

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wswatzell

Announcing! Hammerhead 12 plans and Instructions are now available through me! For $20 you will receive a CD with 4 Adobe .pdf files that you can print out full size. The files include the plans, the full size patterns for the wood as well as the carbon fiber pieces, the 26 page full color step-by-step instructions, and a bonus plan for a simple starting stand. For an additional $10, I’ll include .DXF files of the wood patterns you may use for laser cutting your wood pieces to create a self aligning, easy to assemble kit. Or, if you would like, I can have the full size plans and instructions printed and sent to you (email or PM me to discuss cost and options)

I now have an email address for any questions or comments.

[email protected]

Wade Swatzell

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

There is not a lot of Hammerhead picture on the forum, could you send some building and finish pictures.

Thanks.

Hello,There is not a lot of Hammerhead picture on the forum, could you send some building and finish pictures.

Thanks.
It's not a bad idea . Would sell alot faster I think.

Ed

My 2 cent

Here is the same HH 12 prior to it's first run

gallery_208_183_21355.jpg

This its the orginal Prototype buit be Martin (Hammerhead) knox now owned by Shawdady

gallery_208_183_32825.jpg

The fist pictuer is the one I built from laser cut patterns. It was built with the narrow version of the sponsons

The orginal prototype shows the wide version of the sponsons

I hope these pictures help.

The boat did take the hit rather well though with no damage, just a little bruised ego. :lol:

It was the buoys fault, really!

Fortunately my stunts weren't caught on video that I know of.

That's right Ron, that bouy just jumped out in front of it.

I updated the pictures in the previous post due to a problem with the coppermine gallery.

So that would be 30.00 for the plans and files to lazer cut the boat.What are the specs? I think I have a guy who will lazer cut the boat out,will need to see if the files you send will work for him. thanks JWB

It can be cut in a 12" by 24" laser cutter. The wood has to be 24" long for the tub as it's just a hair under 24 inches so there isn't much room for error.

Most commercial sign companies have the capability to laser cut.

Whether or not their machines use a standardized .DXF format is another question.

Hey Ron, Does your sister still do it?

Hammer

I just called Karen and she thinks that she still has the program for the kit.

I've still got a ton of foam for the sponsons (I figured that I could have made up about 98 pairs), some turn fins and carbon fiber extrusions for the turn fin spars plus carbon fiber rod for the sponsons but not much of that left either.

The Aquactraft Grimracer turn fin for the Miss Vegas/Miss Bud hydros might work on this boat.

I'm out of the carbon fiber sheet for the transom and tub reinforcement around the motor mount.

The cutting and other things like doing up some kits could be handled through my sister as she and her husband do have a web site and can accept PayPal.

Their scrapbooking business is keeping them busy right now, they just got home at 1:00 this morning from St. Paul and are reloading for a show in Chicago. Their third laser cutter just showed up but haven't had time to set it up. It's an around-the-clock business at their house right now with my baby sister and youngest brother working for them.

I've also discussed with Wade about doing a CAD file for a replacement radio box for the Nitro Super-Vee 27. I think that we could make a better radio box for half the price.

I've also talked with Karen about the possibility of doing other things for R/C boats in the future. I would only be indirectly involved.

Here is an idea!

Does anyone have a box cutter and a steel yard stick?

This boat is a piece of cake to build.

Just buy the plans and have at it ;) .

I have built several styles of this boat. The prototype included. I have had the prototype up to 47 mph.

That is with a 4P configuration and the over-sized sponsons. I also made a 3P version with similars sponsons to the ones that are on the production version that I got up to 62mph with a S215 and a

Nova Rossi NS5 .12. It cut through the water like it was on rails. If you played with the props, engine, and the

hardware, the potential to get 70mph out of this boat is definately there. If you are a beginner use the 4P configuration. If you are desiring speed, GO 3P!! Much faster! I'm sure Wade could hook you up with the modification to do this.

Warning! go get yourself some of those pampers for old folks before you get behind the wheel of this bad boy :p

Hammer

Hi,

What would be the difference between the 3p and 4p plans?

Paul

Ohh and I build with a metal ruler and a box cutter :)

I am interested in heat racing with the B hydros :)

Paul, I haven't seen Wade's current plans but from the sound of it, the sponsons are narrower. I built one set the original way then another set 1" narrower. When dialed in this boat runs very light on the water with just the rear tips of the fronts barely touching. I saw Gary's .12 'rigger running and like the way the Hammerhead .12 handles better.

Those who get the plans will notice that the spsonsons are set wider than most other 'riggers. This really helps with stability when running in rough water as you get a lot less side-to-side rocking. They could be set up to be closer together but they work great when set up as directed.

This is what the 3P version will look like. With the 3P version, you will lose the skirting.

Hammer

So that would be 30.00 for the plans and files to lazer cut the boat.What are the specs? I think I have a guy who will lazer cut the boat out,will need to see if the files you send will work for him. thanks JWB
Sorry I haven't responded sooner, this was the first chance I got in a few days to come here.

Yes, for $30 you would receive all the files for the laser cutter, the plans in full size .PDF format so you can have them plotted, the instructional manual in .PDF format for you to print, the full size pattern in .PDF format, and the full size plans for the starting stand.

the specs for this rigger is just over 24" long with the sponson attached, about 2 1/2" or so tall freeboards, width is wide enough to make it handle extremely well. I have never barrel rolled it in a turn yet, even in choppier conditions even when that buoy jumped out in front of me in the video :huh:

The reason for the PDF files is two reasons really. 1st it would cost more to print out and ship paper plans and instructions, 2nd, then in the future you ever want to build another one, you can always print out another set.

Sponson width question. In the plans and instructions, I have included the option for either version to be built. In reality, the only difference is in the width of foam block you start with, the building technique is the same. The narrow version involves just one more step, cutting some scrap wood off.

I could easily include a 3point option given some time to write the instructions and design the pieces to fit properly.

I personally love mine; it is by far my favorite boat to drive. :D and that is including the tunnel that I designed. It combines all the greatness of this hobby, speed, low cost, low maintence, very stable, and very easy to drive.

Thanks for the reply I would like to buy a set of plans with the 3 point option included let me know when you get it worked out and I will send funds Thanks JWB

Latest posts

Back