Gold Cup Weekend starts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Wiebelhaus

Supporting Member
well, after 4 days in Madison, 2 recovery days, back at it on the Detroit River for the Gold Cup this weekend !!

I'll post a pic of the repaired hulls when they get in the pit area.

****, I'M JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madison was fun, not counting the demo derby in 3A and the final, and now I have to wait for almost a month before I get to see another race

BTW, too bad we missed each other in Madison. I was hanging out with Gale54 between turn 4 and the start finish line on Sunday

well, after 4 days in Madison, 2 recovery days, back at it on the Detroit River for the Gold Cup this weekend !!

I'll post a pic of the repaired hulls when they get in the pit area.
Awesome Joe !! You are the Gold Cup Man . i don't suppose there will be some beer swilling going on at the Cup festivities !! Take pit photos for us man !!

:lol: :lol:

Tom,

Good start today, watched the boats trickle in, sat in the parking lot pounding some Blue's, dinner at Sinbads, Friday starts the heavy action.

I took over 900 photos in Madison, may be easier to just send a CD after this weekend.

As of 5:00pm, no 96, 21 or 9 (backup for Oberto).

Tom,

Good start today, watched the boats trickle in, sat in the parking lot pounding some Blue's, dinner at Sinbads, Friday starts the heavy action.

I took over 900 photos in Madison, may be easier to just send a CD after this weekend.

Joe,if you make a CD instead of posting on IW,please put me on your CD list and let me know the cost.

Thanks

Harvey Liberman

Tom,

Good Time's Enjoy.

Are you in Waterwork's ?

I wouldnt know hydro junkie if I saw him, but I cant believe I missed Joe at Madison. We were just to the left of the judges stand where I could see the clock. Phil Thomas and his son were with us. Greg Hahn was to the left of us. We got some great photos of the new degree hull. My son Alex got his first taste of hydroplane racing. He killed his camera battery both days. If boats were on the water, he was down as close as he could get. I think I have a new 8 year old fan. haha!! Wish I could have made Detroit. Ken

Don't feel bad Ken. I didn't know anyone there either prior to meeting Don at the fire station on Thursday and Maddog and his group on Saturday. Still had fun until I ran into the loudmouthed Joseywales, that was a serious let down ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just over at the H1 site and found this:

The driver of the other boat involved in the collision, Steve David, won’t be in Detroit for the Air National Guard Series because he needs time to heal from a minor rib injury sustained in the accident. The team secured a backup Oh Boy! Oberto boat and named Jon Zimmerman as a replacement driver for Detroit.

“I would love to be in Detroit to defend my driver championship,” said David, who won the race in Madison after Villwock’s boat spun out in front of him and they collided. “I have to think long term for the team and not short term. They need someone who can go out there and drive the boat 100 percent and I can’t do that right now.”

That sounds like a pretty definate "NO" on Steve driving

Ken/Phil, we were in the VIP area all weekend, ran into Doug Shepherd, and we did stroll around early Sunday, sorry we missed the others.

I wouldnt know hydro junkie if I saw him, but I cant believe I missed Joe at Madison. We were just to the left of the judges stand where I could see the clock. Phil Thomas and his son were with us. Greg Hahn was to the left of us. We got some great photos of the new degree hull. My son Alex got his first taste of hydroplane racing. He killed his camera battery both days. If boats were on the water, he was down as close as he could get. I think I have a new 8 year old fan. haha!! Wish I could have made Detroit. Ken

Norm,

we are in Waterworks, Muncey parking area and the hot pits all weekend, my wife Paula, JW Graphics Inc, did an associate sponsor on the U-100 Leland hull, Al Deeby Dodge, small graphic on the verts, pit passes, food and hangin with the crew, great times.

I need to win the Lotto, I can do this...............................

Tom,

Good Time's Enjoy.

Are you in Waterwork's ?

except for the small angle on the front of the cowl, you would never know it came from the U3, the openings from the turbo allison are all closed in, looks like new.

I cant post any pics, my camera takes too large of a photo to up load.

How bout that piston powered Cowl on the u-96 :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I have a new Unlimited hero, Scott Liddycoat, rocks that U7, we ran rc scales some 20 years ago together, cool to know someone who made it to the big time.

Talked with his wife in Madison during the parade, and he picked me out of the crowd as his crew passed by, that was cool..................

Norm,

we are in Waterworks, Muncey parking area and the hot pits all weekend, my wife Paula, JW Graphics Inc, did an associate sponsor on the U-100 Leland hull, Al Deeby Dodge, small graphic on the verts, pit passes, food and hangin with the crew, great times.

Tom,

Good Time's Enjoy.

Are you in Waterwork's ?
WE ALL NEED TO WIN THE LOTTERY!! ;)

DAN

Norm,

Tom,

Good Time's Enjoy.

Are you in Waterwork's ?

That is awesome, good job on the sponsorship. :)

Funny you should say that about the lotto, I feel the same way.... I could not figure a better way to blow some money and have fun :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back