GO Marine Engines, Pipes & Parts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, when lights was the US distributor for the Go motors. He sent a complete outboard prototype to go. It was a 5 port GO pro powerhead with one of his conversion kits and a lower that was very similar to an OS leg. At that time (about two yrs ago). They said they were a bit slow and also needed more interest.

GO has EVERYTHING they need. We as consumers should be emailing them if we really want to see one.

I by all means didn't want to bud in James. But this is something I do know 100% about.

TL

When I first discussed the Outboard version with the GO Factory I emphasised to them that Mark had previously sent them details and I offered to provide them with CAD info if required. At the time I was advised that because of the amount of tooling and production changes they would need to make it would not be viable.

After a few "email discussions" with them it occurred to me that they may have been under the impression I wanted them to produce a complete outboard engine which included the Lower Unit. Although this would be nice, I am more interested in getting them to produce outboard crankshafts and a PTO just to get things moving in the right direction.

In my latest email to them I have asked them advise whether they could produce a PTO assembly and if they could adapt one of their Pull Start Cranks which should already have the equivalent of a PTO Pin and move the induction window to support the reverse direction requirement for an outboard.

Hopefully, they will see this as something that is quite achievable......................??

James,

Just emphasise to them that no tooling changes are required to make their pullstart crankshaft into an outboard crankshaft, they only need to shift the placement of the inlet port to alter the timing - in order to run properly in a reverse direction. (although, a reverse direction thread for the flywheel nut would be a nice change too if they can swing it!). They would sell more of their existing motors in total by doing this as it opens the same engine to a new market.

I'm sure we could find someone to even write the CNC code for them if they were willing to entertain making the crankshafts.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no need to write CNC code. There is software out there these days that writes the code from the CAD drawings. It is not difficult at all.

There is no need to write CNC code. There is software out there these days that writes the code from the CAD drawings. It is not difficult at all.
Probably won't happen anyway. Some people get funny about using unknown code in their very expensive multi axis CNC machines for some reason.

Probably won't happen anyway. Some people get funny about using unknown code in their very expensive multi axis CNC machines for some reason.
if they have the vmc 5 axis gear surely they would have a program to check to see if there will or will not be any crashes on the machine. tool paths etc.

Believe me Mark has supplied them with everything they need. They worked well together, they have it all...

Believe me Mark has supplied them with everything they need. They worked well together, they have it all...
aloha boaters so u saying I can use a nova conversion from mark on a go engine
The outboard cranks and flywheels made by Mark Leyde will fit the GO engine but the PTO housing made to suit the Novarossi engines needs to have the OD of the housing reduced to fit the GO crankcase.

Mark also made a PTO housing to fit the GO engine.

I am currently having some PTO assemblies made specifically to suit the GO engine and they will be available in the next few weeks.

Regards,

James

Rene,

We put a technopower crank in Kevins GO and it works perfectly. PTO as well. Rody has them in stock.

James sounds good how about crankshafts.. :unsure:
Rene,

The PTO is designed for the TP crank and OS lower but can be adapted for the Lights crank as well.

I wasn't happy with the fit of the TP PTO in the GO crankcase.

Regards,

James

Just an update to let you all know that I am now able to provide a .21 GO Piston and Rod Set to suit both the 7 Port and 5 Port engines. Previously, the pistons were only available as part of a Piston, Sleeve & Rod Set.

This provides a great option for anyone who may have a worn or damaged piston but their sleeve is still in good shape. The pistons are suitable for GO or Novarossi engines which have a 16.26mm bore and 16.80mm stroke.

The price for a Piston & Rod Set is $38USD.

I will also have a few 5 Port Piston, Sleeve & Rod Sets available for the people who prefer a single exhaust port configuration. In the attached photo the 5 Port Sleeve is marked as #2.

Regards,

James

GO .21 Piston, Sleeve & Rod Set.JPG

GO 7 & 5 Port Sleeves.JPG

James,

Are the piston flat tops or domed dish? Also are the pistons cast or billet? Can you post pics of the wrist pin bosses?

Thanks,

Matt

James,

Are the piston flat tops or domed dish? Also are the pistons cast or billet? Can you post pics of the wrist pin bosses?

Thanks,

Matt
Matt,

In response to your questions have attached a photo of the inside of the GO piston. The pistons are flat tops but I don't know whether they are cast or billet so I have sent the Factory an email, I'll let you know when I hear back from them.

Regards,

James

GO Piston.JPG

Back