Generators and power supplies.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny you should say that. I said basically the same thing back in post 11 when I said this:

I'd pony up for an inverter and call it good. I know most electronics don't like a non-regulated power supply. Hilton audio equipment is so fussy that it says right in the manual that if a non-inverter generator is used, the warranty is void.

The response I got was this:

Hydro Junkie, on 02 Oct 2017 - 4:33 PM, said:

I know most electronics don't like a non-regulated power supply.
a heck of a lot of modern electronic devices have switched-mode power supplies, which don't really care what you feed them. if the power supply/AC adapter says it can handle 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, then it can probably handle any raggedy-ass noisy waveform you feed it and work just fine.

Hilton audio equipment is so fussy that it says right in the manual that if a non-inverter generator is used, the warranty is void.
that just tells me they still have linear power supplies.

I, personally, wouldn't use a generator that doesn't have a frequency regulator of some sort for any kind of electronics. That said, for power tools, any generator that can handle the load is fine

Back