Gator 60 "plans"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foolwitools

Hi Guys,

First, darthrigger and then dr. hydro have dibbs on this...........

A while ago, Phil Thomas offered a set of "plans" for the Gator 60 free to anyone that wanted them.

Well, I guess I was the first to respond and Phil sent them to me with instructions to pass them along to darthrigger and then to dr hydro... Thanks Phil!!!

As per Phil's instructions, I need to pass these along to the next one that can use them.

They aren't really plans as in blueprints. this is a large fat envelope with lots and lots of full size templates and Phil's (or someones) personal notes on some of the templates, and some printed assembly instructions and photos.

I'm sorry to say that I forgot all about them and they have been in a file drawer for several months..

...........Sorry I dropped the ball Phil...........

Anyhow, I'm gonna wait about a week to see if Darthrigger or Dr Hydro respond, then I'll send them to whomever asks for them first........... just gotta promise to pass them along like Phill wanted me to do.

Better late than never,

Bob the fool :blink:

Hi Guys,

First, darthrigger and then dr. hydro have dibbs on this...........

A while ago, Phil Thomas offered a set of "plans" for the Gator 60 free to anyone that wanted them.

Well, I guess I was the first to respond and Phil sent them to me with instructions to pass them along to darthrigger and then to dr hydro... Thanks Phil!!!

As per Phil's instructions, I need to pass these along to the next one that can use them.

They aren't really plans as in blueprints. this is a large fat envelope with lots and lots of full size templates and Phil's (or someones) personal notes on some of the templates, and some printed assembly instructions and photos.

I'm sorry to say that I forgot all about them and they have been in a file drawer for several months..

...........Sorry I dropped the ball Phil...........

Anyhow, I'm gonna wait about a week to see if Darthrigger or Dr Hydro respond, then I'll send them to whomever asks for them first........... just gotta promise to pass them along like Phill wanted me to do.

Better late than never,

What type of hull is the Gater? :blink:

The GATOR 60 was a 80s outrigger design by Don Pinkert. It would be a bit out dated for serious racing but is a good design and fairly easy to build and setup.

PHIL

What type of hull is the Gater? :blink:

Large (60/67size) inboard outrigger

I would be very interested in the plans to this hull!!! Thanks,Lary :rolleyes:

Lary;

If you end up with the plans, could you copy and foward to me, or when you complete the project send my way.

In the late 80's I owned and raced a 20 gator, ran a Rossi 80 powered Gator at a few races that was owned by Gus Johnson, when done right, they are good looking boats.

I think with todays power plants, and some weight saving, during the build, you could end up with a very competative boat.

Just my opinion, and would love to build a new one

Rick Bellinger

Lary;

If you end up with the plans, could you copy and foward to me, or when you complete the project send my way.

In the late 80's I owned and raced a 20 gator, ran a Rossi 80 powered Gator at a few races that was owned by Gus Johnson, when done right, they are good looking boats.

I think with todays power plants, and some weight saving, during the build, you could end up with a very competative boat.

Just my opinion, and would love to build a new one

Rick Bellinger
Rick,yes I will if I get them! Later,Lary :rolleyes:

Lary;

If you end up with the plans, could you copy and foward to me

Hi Again,

I thought I could copy these "plans" and forward them.............. Once again, these are not plans as in drawings or blueprints. this is a large envelope with dozens of cardboard templates and a few pages of written instructions.........

When I asked for them, I thought I could run down to Kinko's and give a few bucks to have the print coppied

...............not so! you will have to spend a couple hours with a few sheets of posterboard to "copy" any of this.......

I've got a set of gator 60 sponsons mounted to the booms (wood) and the rear feet. Maybe able to come up with the build manual but no plans. You would need to build the center section and yes they have been on the shelf for a few years but seem solid. Pay shipping. Any takers Greg Roth :)

I've got a set of gator 60 sponsons mounted to the booms (wood) and the rear feet. Maybe able to come up with the build manual but no plans. You would need to build the center section and yes they have been on the shelf for a few years but seem solid. Pay shipping. Any takers Greg Roth :)
Let me know how much the shipping will be. Thanks.

Send me a pm with your info. I can't believe it would be more than 15 bucks usps. Greg

Well If i am not to late I would like to get my hand in the mix let me know whay I need to do. Navy Dave

Bob, are you the one that ended up with the patterns?

If so, that is exactly what you need, once you trace all the templates, you have a good set of patterns for ever, as long as you store them flat.

trace them out, and foward them on!!!!! need to build a Gator.

I actually asked Don Pinkert if he still had the patterns/plans, and he said he does, but has no idea were they are, he did a move a few years back, and still has packed boxes, at this point he doesn't have any idea what box they would be in.

So pass along your found treasure, be a boating buddy

Rick Bellinger

Back