Futaba 2.4 Fasst ???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

I know this has been asked before, but I dont feel like searching for it. :ph34r:

On a Futaba 3pk Fasst 2.4 system , can the antenna wire just stay in the radio box ??

Andy

I know this has been asked before, but I dont feel like searching for it. :ph34r:

On a Futaba 3pk Fasst 2.4 system , can the antenna wire just stay in the radio box ??

Andy

Being old School 75Mhz I havent used DSM but I read where it should be out of the box but that was when it first came out. I would think it would still have to be out.

I would bet that Futaba Manual you have would have some info on it.

Last edited:
I run the 7C system cause I'm an ole sticks on the TX guy. I also use those radios in my scale airplanes, pattern ships, etc. The RX has 2 antennaes and I keep them in the radio box. The bud T4, the smokin joes, the Miss US and the Bardahl all use this system and its foolproof. I also run my JAE's and any new boats on this sytem with the antennaes inside the radio box. I would run an old boat you have with the antenna inside to test it out. I did this 4 years ago on an outboard, then in races and now I'm completely comfortable with the system. I know guys who run the singles inside and some who run it for 3-4 inches outside as well.....

I havent had a single problem with running with the antenna inside the box on any boat ive tried it on. Even on a all carbon fiber cat, i had flawless performance with it inside. And 99% of the time i run im at water level running...not up elevated on a drivers stand.

If i cant have the antenna laying flat away from linkages inside the box, i do extend it out though.. like on my dragcat.

From what I have read keeping the tip of the antenae vertical is best. I just run a short capped straw in the radio box lid and run it out that way. If it works laying in the box fine, but if you can get better reception by sticking it straight up out of the box , why not? Might just be the edge to save your boat some afternoon when you get long range or your batteries get a little low. Never enough overkill in this hobby.

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info fella's .

You to Ron :p

I like Mic's idea, all my boats have antenna tubes running out anyway, why not just stub em off and cap it with fuel line.

Still get to loose that stupid looking plastic tube anyway , I never liked that :rolleyes:

Andy

Mine are similar to Mics i used a coffee stirrer straw at top edge of radio box and ran it through that.

I run mine vertical with a short tube. I have had ZERO radio interference problems since switching to the Futaba Fasst 2.4. I can't say the same for the Spectrum system, though I have not run it I have witnessed several different boaters have gliching issues.

What am I doing wrong ??

I programmed the first boat with no issue's .

Went to do the second boat and , selected model 2 and it wont talk to the boat ?

Receiver flashes green .

Andy

What am I doing wrong ??

Went to do the second boat and , selected model 2 and it wont talk to the boat ?

Receiver flashes green .

Andy
Did you bind the receiver to the transmitter?

Every receiver has to bind to the transmitter. Just turn on the TX and hit the little button on the RX when in model 2.

What am I doing wrong ??

Receiver flashes green .

Andy

Every receiver has to bind to the transmitter. Just turn on the TX and hit the little button on the RX when in model 2.

Duhhhhh.... :rolleyes:

The eyes are not what they used to be - lol

Thank You ;)

Andy

What am I doing wrong ??

Receiver flashes green .

Andy

Duhhhhh.... :rolleyes:

The eyes are not what they used to be - lol

Thank You ;)

Andy
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like Mic's idea, all my boats have antenna tubes running out anyway, why not just stub em off and cap it with fuel line.

Still get to loose that stupid looking plastic tube anyway , I never liked that :rolleyes:

Andy
I hope you know not to bend over the tip of the antenna and put cap over it like we did with 27/75mhz systems. That little short piece at the end IS the antenna (rest is coax)... bend that over you ruin it.

Andy
I hope you know not to bend over the tip of the antenna and put cap over it like we did with 27/75mhz systems. That little short piece at the end IS the antenna (rest is coax)... bend that over you ruin it.

Thought I would add my 2 :cents: since I was searching radios. What I have learned in flying with 2.4 systems is the RX antenna can not be in contact with CF. I am sure it goes for surface also

I will be using a 3PMX also

Andrew

there's nothing like an "old fashioned" range check...

in San Francisco, the guys used to use a small florescent flag/clothes pinned to their rudder and walk as far as they could and still have line of sight...working the rudder back and forth

i always do similar range checks on new boats/radios...i get a nice walk around the pond outta the deal..LOL

im actually lookin forward to losing the "not so scale" plastic tube coming out of the boat, one less hole in my radio box too? wadda deal...

there's nothing like an "old fashioned" range check...

in San Francisco, the guys used to use a small florescent flag/clothes pinned to their rudder and walk as far as they could and still have line of sight...working the rudder back and forth

i always do similar range checks on new boats/radios...i get a nice walk around the pond outta the deal..LOL

im actually lookin forward to losing the "not so scale" plastic tube coming out of the boat, one less hole in my radio box too? wadda deal...
I had to chuckle when your mention "old fashioned" range check. My late father was an avid builder and flyer - I hadn't really thought about it till you mentioned it but-

We always went flying with dad when he went, and I would always be the one that had to do the " range check hike" . In hindsight , maybe thats the only reason he brought me
laugh.gif
As I never went on to fly and my brother has become a extremely good pilot/builder that flies 1/4 Scale Warbirds in Top Gun every year.

You brought back some fond memories I kinda filed away of my Pops , thanks .
wink.gif

On the subject of the radio , I have been running mine with the antenna in the box since I posted this on a couple of my boats with -0- issue's
wink.gif

Andy

Back