Engine Modifiers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad,

Just cut the crankshaft off to fit the flywheel and collet threads.

Not Too Hard,

Mark Sholund
if it's not to hard tell me how you do it? Because cutting the crankshaft wont do anything as the Flywheel still covers the threaded part of the crankshaft! Then Al tried telling me it's for a European gear drive the brand new out of the box engine? So sent him pictures of every 3.5cc marine engine other than the direct drive engines and EVERY CRANK IS EXACTLY THE SAME!! then he tells me the USA engines are different so i told him to.look on Ron Shaws Novarossi USA website! And all the engine's he shows on there are identical to mine!! (Feel free to look for yourself!!) And to tell me "HA you ordered the SG crank" it's the exact same engine WORLD WIDE!! maybe Adam Blevins the Novarossi legend can add his opinion! He may even know what part number this non existent USA fully threaded Novarossi 21 BONITO crank is?? Just out of curiosity how many of the people commenting on this topic ACTUALLY OWN A NOVAROSSI BONITO 21 MARINE ENGINE USING THE 29050 FLYWHEEL the only flywheel Novarossi make for there 21 engines!!20170319_025133.jpg

20170319_024658.jpg

20170319_025243.jpg

20170319_033930.jpg

20170319_033905.jpg

Okay look at what Part # I pasted up for you again,What you have to do is cut the smooth part off, Then put the flywheel on the thread the bushing on and then you will now have threads to put your collet on, I have a Bonito in my 21 seaducer but it has fully thread crank.

Rene

Have youordered the conversion from Ron?? The adaptor has internal threads on the end that goes on the crank and external threads on the end for the collet. You have to cut the smooth section of the crank.

Brad

Im chilled dude!! I will say it again what i know about RC Boating i could write on a postage stamp! I'm listening Rene I'm here for information!! I should have purchased a DD! Yes!! but i payed $180 each for my 2 Bonito engines! And $15 to send them to Australia! And no offense but i wouldn't buy anything from Ron Shaw!! But that's only me and a long story!! I understand the crankshaft has to be cut off! But once again in my (not knowing anything opinion) there is a right and wrong way to do it! Some hillbillies may hack it off with a angle grinder (may have the carbie open? Maybe no carbie on at all? Maybe the carbie uncapped?) Some may chuck up the crank in a lathe true it with a runout gauge between centres and then part it off? So whats the correct way? It's the old case (speaking USA language!!) I just purchased a brand new Corvette! Do i take the brand new rims and tyres off of it and put 13" retreaded tyres on it?(you could but i wouldn't!!) In my opinion there's a difference between doing a job and doing the JOB PROPERLY!! Don't take it personally! I haven't crapped in the passengers seat of your car!!

Well maybe that is why you got them cheap, you cant even get a P/S and rod for that price.It is what it is just trying to help you fix them up to run.

Rene

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bradley I run these engines and for the price they are awesome. I used a dremel to cut the sg crank off and fitted the Nova flywheel and adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats all, just a dremel with a cut off wheel. I dont think you need to cut the whole thing off either. You can leave a small nub at the end to keep the cutting wheel away from the threads. I'd probably pull the crank out just to hold onto but I suppose you could wrap the motor up to keep any shavings off too. Shoot the end off with a little brake clean after and your good to go.

They sell more car engines than marine ones. So we have to do stuff like this sometimes.

Steve you purchased them from the same guy i did! Pete at Answer RC i believe! He has been awsome for parts and help (in 2 weeks ive had parts directly from Novarossi delivered to him!!) And ive been testing him with obscure parts and he has delivered EVERY TIME!! my poor attitude hasn't helped! And thanks Rene for your help i purchased those kits at the same time i purchased the engine's! But i cannot believe Novarossi marine engines need such modification brand new out of the box! Also Al Hobbs has been good about the issue and has also lent a hand at explaining the best way to fix it! Ken at KRE has also (once again has been an asset to RC model boating community telling me how to fix the issues!! I really need to find out what he drinks and send him a BOX!!) Most people may ask club members or friends what to do in a situation like this but no clubs in 300km from me!! So im sure good men like Ken at KRE are pretty sick of me! Thanks for all the help and input! I will bugger off now!

Back