Electric trubo new member

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William boutin

Hey guys, hope you are going great! I reslly need all the help I can get. I heard you guys in boat are the best with those things! I have some issues with my set up. My ESC (MGM X2 400) got back from repair and I try my new motor (castle 1721 2400kv) at the same time. I am getting super low input (60A) current and super hight pulse current (450A) and a peak current of 220A I find a thread from 2017 but no real answer.
Still waiting for a response from mgm
Now what I did, I currently macking an electric turbofor my car. Long story short, the motor/turbo set-up have been proven to work by a friend on an other forum. But the only difference I have is the ESC and a powerfull battery.
Last year I had a TP 4070 and I was over volting it and having a crazy 15kw! Great reasult but damaging the ESC
Now I only get barely 2kw and struggle to not hit the cut-off safety. **WITH OR WITHOUT LOAD** by running it in the car or just free spin the impeller without the housing, I get the same results.
My question is, why do I get weird number on my ESC log and why I can’t get it to run properly?

From a machinist guy who do crazy stuff✌️

Sometimes the ESC have a high output rotation side and low output rotation. It has to do with people using reverse. Reprogram your radio to the other direction on throttle and switch 2 of the wires on the motor. Ask me how I know........
Mike

Go into servo reversing on your radio. Change throttle to opposite of what it is. Then switch any two motors leads. The first one will switch motor rotation and the next switches it back. The real reason is to change which side of the ESC your controlling forward with.

For example lets say left is forward and right is reverse in your ESC. The right side does not have a lot of throw because most use it for reversing the motor and backing the car lets say. If you were to hook it up so the pull of the triggle causes the ESC to go to the right, then your not going to get the full throw.

I am trying to get you to switch the ESC around so the pull of the triggle causes the ESC to go to the left. Like I said earlier, some have this built in. You dont get full pull on both sides of the ESC.

Make sense?
Mike

I did this with one of my boats. It was a turd. I could not figure it out. Did the simple switch and bingo. Hauling ass.

Go into servo reversing on your radio. Change throttle to opposite of what it is. Then switch any two motors leads. The first one will switch motor rotation and the next switches it back. The real reason is to change which side of the ESC your controlling forward with.

For example lets say left is forward and right is reverse in your ESC. The right side does not have a lot of throw because most use it for reversing the motor and backing the car lets say. If you were to hook it up so the pull of the triggle causes the ESC to go to the right, then your not going to get the full throw.

I am trying to get you to switch the ESC around so the pull of the triggle causes the ESC to go to the left. Like I said earlier, some have this built in. You dont get full pull on both sides of the ESC.

Make sense?
Mike
Yes I understood! I was just surprised about it. I will definitely try later and letting you know. If this work, I will be blown away

Back