District 9 Model Mariners

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Fleury

Hey everyone,

We are looking to expand our FE classes. If you are looking for a place to run, look into Fremont District 9. Please go to our website and contact our district chairman. We look forward to more people to come out and enjoy the races!

As a old/newbie to all this,,,,, How about a little clarification and some e address' or links to some of the events? I'm not too far from Fremont and would love to get involved. I have my own practice ponds but it's always more fun to play with the other children.

John

The namba registration is online at Namba.com. The district 9 registration will be up after our contest directors meeting on January 19th.

John, all you need to do is become a NAMBA member. The online registration I believe is up and running. If not you can download a form from the NAMBA site or District 9's site and send it in. A requirement of the Fremont pond is that you be a NAMBA member. You can run there as a guest a couple of times before you will be asked to join the Model Mariners club. That club maintains the course and such at that facility and there is a fee.

When would be a good time to wander out to Fremont and have a good chance of running into someone? I'd like to meet a few folks and check it out. BTW, back in the 70's I used to haul gravel out of those pits and worked for the company that paved most of Paseo Padre. That was a whole different life ago!!!!!!

The Gary Johnson Memorial Grand Prix is coming up February 9-10 in Fremont. More info will be posted after our district meeting on the 19th.

(A letter from the commodore)

Happy New Year to all and I hope everyone is doing well. We will be having our Model Mariners Membership Meeting on Saturday January 26 at 9 a.m. we will also be doing some site cleanup, safety & improvement work, nothing major, 1 to 2 hours tops. Membership fees are 65 dollars and everyone needs to bring their 2013 Namba International Insurance Card to be issued a key

J. Allen Harteau

Sorry I missed the meeting last week I couldn't get away. Is there a chance I could bring my 1/12 Miss Bud down and have somebody check it out sometime? I've run it a bit here on my own pond but it just isn't 'quite right'. The idle seems a bit unreliable and the acceleration is more like an off and on switch with no real mid range.

John

If you attend the Grad Prix February 9th and 10th in Fremont, there will be a ton of people to help you out. I have that boat sitting in my garage as well. As soon as my boats are done being built, I will be down there practicing on Sundays.

I quit, Everything for sale. 5 boarts and many mac .45 parts. Send me a PM of what you need.

Hey guys

Elections are coming up soon!

Let's see some new faces in the directors chair!

Changes are good.

Back