Dadgummit..

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fixable to me, just throw some $$$$$ at it and it will be fine
default_wink.png

I feel your pain!! Years ago my buddy gave me a T-shirt with a picture of an r/c plane all busted up....above the wreck the caption said "If yer gonna FLY don't CRY"!
default_biggrin.png
I just resurrected an old Hirobo Shuttle 30ZX back to flying condition, and I gotta tell ya, I FORGOT how much work goes into getting a nitro CP heli flyin compared to an electric FP heli!! WHEW!
default_blink.png
default_rolleyes.gif
default_smile.png
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of signature tag lines from some guys over on RCU "takeoff is optional, landing is not" & "all our planes come with an expiration date, you just don't know when it is". That does suck, helicopters aren't cheap.

sorry man.. that's has NEVER happen to me..................................wait.............lol

Nuts and bolts and parts.............nuts and bolts and parts.................

Grim

Thanks for the laughs, guys.

Truth be told, I flew a bit outside of my abilities...a few years ago...no worries. Now, not so much.

I was at the end (the ground side) of about a 300' tail-slide...decided.."man, I'm kicking it this weekend...I'll roll, and recover inverted, yeah cool!". Well, it was cool, in my mind, but I severely misjudged the speed and inertia that machine had going (It's a .90 sized model...about 12-13 pounds). It didn't stand a chance. Too low of an attempted recovery...upside down or not!

I've had a new kit in the box for a while (for this very occasion), now it's just a week of building/trimming. It can wait for now.... I've got a D-Tunnel to work on first.

-Joey

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain!! Years ago my buddy gave me a T-shirt with a picture of an r/c plane all busted up....above the wreck the caption said "If yer gonna FLY don't CRY"!
default_biggrin.png
I just resurrected an old Hirobo Shuttle 30ZX back to flying condition, and I gotta tell ya, I FORGOT how much work goes into getting a nitro CP heli flyin compared to an electric FP heli!! WHEW!
default_blink.png
default_rolleyes.gif
default_smile.png
No kidding!?!?! Wow..does it have the Original Enya .35 in it? That was one smooth motor....You've got a fine machine there. Those Shuttles taught a many of folk how to beat the air to submission!

Yes it did Joey! It ran great (more power than an O.S. .32) but it had a weak point.....a tiny square key on the crankshaft was the PTO for the clutch which as you know im sure, transmitted power to EVERYTHING! So after a coupla years I stuck an O.C. 32 in it! Always a good motor! Ill let you know how the REMAIDEN goes.....id be happy just to hover it!
default_smile.png

Back