D-14 Madison race July 4

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several racers have asked about open water Friday at the lake. Due to all of the events going on it was hard for our small club to get people together, BUT we have two guys step up. They are willing to be at the lake Friday from Noon-3pm to have some open water. (No restrooms will be on site until Saturday around 7am)

I know that might be a short window, but hope it helps some of you out that have requested open water. In addition, The Madison Regatta Parade will take place on Main St at 7p if anyone is interested in getting a glimpse of the 11 hydroplanes running at the Madison Regatta, as well as some of the Grand Prix boats.

Nice work making time for open water and getting the heats set up.

Does Madison have fireworks on the 3rd as well?

Thanks,

Adam

More good news! I'll have some prizes from Hobbico for the club to give out.

Is it Saturday yet?

Adam

Several racers have asked about open water Friday at the lake. Due to all of the events going on it was hard for our small club to get people together, BUT we have two guys step up. They are willing to be at the lake Friday from Noon-3pm to have some open water. (No restrooms will be on site until Saturday around 7am)
I know that might be a short window, but hope it helps some of you out that have requested open water. In addition, The Madison Regatta Parade will take place on Main St at 7p if anyone is interested in getting a glimpse of the 11 hydroplanes running at the Madison Regatta, as well as some of the Grand Prix boats.[/quote

Some day I'll be off work regatta weekend and I'll be able to help. Wish i could be there this year.

Some day I'll be off work regatta weekend and I'll be able to help. Wish i could be there this year.
I feel the same way, Mike. Would have loved to come to Madison this year, even to catch a day's activities during the week but it wasn't to be. Driving home from Springfield MA this past Monday, exploded a bearing set on one wheel and almost lost the other three sets on the camp trailer in Columbus OH. Since the parts are supposedly at least a week or so out, we had to leave it and the Tahoe at the repair shop and fly home until it's fixed. Now I have to fly back and pick up both and highball it back in three days or less AFTER THE REGATTA
default_mad.gif

Will you guys have wrist bands available again this year
No Bruce, I was going to prepurchase some to sell at the discounted rate, but was fearful of getting stuck with them if there was no race due to high river so I didn't, sorry. You can purchase them at the gates for $25.

RACE UPDATE:

First I want to say a big thank you to our sponsors: ServPro of Madison, JMP Hobby Group, and FatBoyz for making our race and raffle happen! Additional thanks to Adam and Hobbico for the additional raffle items. We will have over $2300 worth of raffle items!!!!!!!

Please make sure you are at the lake and ready for the driver's meeting by 8:30 everyone! We will begin racing right after the driver's meeting and will need to move quickly throughout the day so we can get everything in with this amount of boats. The weather forecast is forever changing, but thankfully it looks to be helping us out as the rain chances for Saturday diminish! In addition to our race heats, FatBoyz has stepped up and wants to sponsor a "Dash for Gas" for the thunderboat guys. Top 6 boats for the 3 heats will race in a 4th heat for a gas card. We have done this in the past at the fall race, but they are willing to put out the money for this one too! Good luck!

One more thank you to Rob Williams for fighting the beavers and snakes to remove the dam which allowed our lake to drop and become more race ready!

We are ready to go racing in Madison!!!!!

REGATTA UPDATE: All Friday water events have been moved back to Saturday. There will be no boat action on the river on Friday. Looks like they are going to try to get everything ran Saturday and Sunday. And if the river doesn't cooperate...it will be all Sunday! (which is good for us!) So depending on the river, we might have a large spectator crowd again! Friday night at 7pm is still the parade on Main St. which will feature all 11 Unlimited Boats and at least 10 Grad Prix boats as well as many local floats and bands. Saturday night at 10pm is the fireworks spectacular on the river! Both of these events are FREE and fun for the family!

Back