Custom HDPE (plastic) Fuel Tanks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look in the GP310 build thread. There are pics in there. There are made differently than any I have ever had,. with the small internal hopper tank. I would have though that the hopper would be just built into the bottom corner.. please look at the pics ryan and confirm I have them installed correctly. From the pics,.. I turned the non turn fin side tank over... ...

Thanks

I can't tell from the pics, but they both need to be installed like the picture I sent you. Pressure is at the very top, fuel Outlet is toward the middle. my hopper tanks are true sealed tanks with a pick up feed in the bottom left corner. The hopper can be anywhere as long as the pick up is in the bottom left. I thought the bulk head was in the way of putting the outlet on the bottom. Thats why it's raised a little. If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks

Ryan

Just a heads up guys, from Oct 22nd-25th I will be working in an area that may have no cell/ internet service and my contact with the cyber world might be limited during those four days. I will be home Thursday the 25th and will reply to all PM's and emails immediately. Please keep in mind the World Cup starts the next day Oct 26th so my building will on hold from Oct 22nd-Oct 28th. I will continue to build full speed up until and after these dates.

Thanks for all your support

Ryan Lipgens

Hi Ryan I'm just wondering but have you ever thought of doing Radio boxes? Not sure what others would think but I might be interested in one... I will also send you a pm.

I've made a few for a "Gas" customer. I post a picture in my thread. I'll be honest with you guys, when it comes to Radio Boxes Aaron Lavigne is the man. He can custom build one any size you want and prices are great. Quality is top notch, I run them in all my boats. Check out his website.

http://www.aaronhl.com/

Here's the one I made of black HDPE with a lexan lid. I was really happy with it, just more time comsuming to build than a fuel tank.

Thanks guys

Ryan

2012-06-27 08.40.30.jpg

2012-06-27 08.41.08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan is a great guy to deal with and the tanks that I ordered are awesome.

Have you made any tanks for Mono hulls Ryan?

Would be cool to get one that fit the V shape of my Speedmaster 21 .

Tim

Tim
Thanks Tim. Check out post #125 in this thread for pictures of a mono tank w/ a drop sump.

Ryan

Tim
Thanks Tim. Check out post #125 in this thread for pictures of a mono tank w/ a drop sump.

Ryan
I'll send you some dimensions , let see what we can come up with.

Tim

Ryan,

Are you able to make a tank with circular ends? I can send a sketch with dimensions if its possible. I have a scale boat that has a spot for a tank I could probably get a few more ounces into. I didn't have enough fuel on board last year at Hobart that cost me a first place in a heat race. Instead, I got a DNF.

Ryan,

Are you able to make a tank with circular ends? I can send a sketch with dimensions if its possible. I have a scale boat that has a spot for a tank I could probably get a few more ounces into. I didn't have enough fuel on board last year at Hobart that cost me a first place in a heat race. Instead, I got a DNF.
Duke,

At this time I don't have the ability to build them from scratch, but I might be able to convert a HDPE bottle into a fuel tank for you. PM me your measurments and I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan,

Buddy your tanks look good, but I am having a hard time convincing myself that this is better than a stainless steel with silver soldered seams. I have a new project boat, what are the odds I can test one out to see for myself? I am not meaning any disrespect but all I have ever used is stainless tanks. These definitely intrigue me and look very slick. LMK

Thanks Beau

Ryan,

Buddy your tanks look good, but I am having a hard time convincing myself that this is better than a stainless steel with silver soldered seams. I have a new project boat, what are the odds I can test one out to see for myself? I am not meaning any disrespect but all I have ever used is stainless tanks. These definitely intrigue me and look very slick. LMK

Thanks Beau
You have a PM sir.

Thanks

RYan

2013-02-26 07.43.42 (640x480) (640x480).jpg

Custom SpeedMaster 20 mono tank for my Daughters new boat.

Ryan is a great guy to deal with and he is very patient .lol

Thanks again Ryan .

Back