Custom HDPE (plastic) Fuel Tanks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be a weird way but couldn't you have the connections outside for the hopper.

Then you could see the fuel and nothing inside to go wrong.

May not look clean but Would that work properly?

Last edited by a moderator:
The hopper brass tubing in pressed about 3/8" into the fitting, the nitro fuel line is just a keeper to make sure it doesn't slip out. I don't see it being an issue, but if it came loose for any reason you can send me the tank and I'll open it up and fix it for free. The smallest HDPE tubing I can find is 1/4" and that's just to big to work with for this. Good point on the space for the transfer tube. This one is close, but flows freely.

This may be a weird way but couldn't you have the connections outside for the hopper.

Would that work properly.
That's a GREAT idea! Yes you could, it wouldn't be hard to do at all. I really like that alot! I guess if space isn't an issue that would be the way to go.

Thanks

Ryan

Would that work properly.
That's a GREAT idea! Yes you could, it wouldn't be hard to do at all. I really like that alot! I guess if space isn't an issue that would be the way to go.

Thanks

Ryan

Heck for that price Rodney I'll give it a shot. I'm going to order some tonight. If you don't try new things you can't move forward. That should be plenty of material to weld to.

Thanks for the tip

Ryan

Ryan,

I received the JAE 45 tank with internal hopper today and it fits perfect and looks great, Thank you. These are a great option guys.

Kelly.

Ryan,

I like the way this is progressing as well. If you can build these tanks with 1 or 2 oz internal hoppers, and weld the plastic internal tubing to be permanent, I would like to put these in all four of my tunnels. This will be a great permanent tank solution for all of us. If welding the tubing does not work, I think four fittings would be the next best solution that would only require one short "jumper" line. Nothing to go wrong except whats on the outside of the tank..... ;)

Thanks Ron, I waiting on the plastic tubing to show up so I can do some testing. I will definitely keep everyone updated on the progress.

Ryan

UPDATE

I just got in 100ft of HDPE tubing to make welded transfer lines on tanks with an internal hopper. I did some testing this morning and it's going to work great. Now tanks can be completely welded from HDPE including transfer lines.

I just want give a quick thanks to the members that helped point me in the right direction. I truly enjoy trying out new ideas and it's great when they work out.

Thanks again

Ryan Lipgens

2012-07-07 10.15.30.jpg

2012-07-07 10.15.54.jpg

2012-07-07 10.16.27.jpg

Yeah buddy!!! Thats awesome it worked out man! Ill contact you for a tank for my new rigger build once I get it underway.

Back