Breaking News! Dead boat penalty?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe We need a green light and yellow Caution light on top of the starting clock.(Slow down)(No Passing when yellow light is on) Till every driver/pit man, acknowledge(loudly)to race announcer, that there good to go.(dead wood accounted for) then go back to green light racing. Some times will finish under yellow, but will finish in one piece.

P.S. If your boat will not stay running at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, your boat should not be racing.

Tell Me, How many times have you heard the announcer tell the same guy/ girl, 2 or 3 times around,(EX "Watch that Dead boat off of Buoy 3"),and then hit the boat anyways,

Dead Wood Limit: limit the amount of dead boat on the course for the race to be finalized (EX. 5 boats in heat ,3 die, with 3laps to go),( Race is called at that point) for 1st and 2cd. Why Race all out for 2 boats.

P.S. More dead wood , Bigger worst odds. Isn't funny how they all pile up at one spot.

Too Original post. My boat (DNF or DNS) twice for a 3 heat race. (EX:heat 1 DNF -100 points, heat2 DNS -100 Points,1 place +400 points=( +200 Points Total), but shouldn't exceed Negative for points earned.(EX: heat1 DNF-100 points DNS -100 points heat3, 4th Place 169 points =( -31 points Total).This Is not the way to get people to keep their boat running out on the course. (crap happens) plain and simple, No one goes racing to put their boat in the water to be just a target.

To Get "Quality of Racing"...You first need Equality of racing.. the playing field needs to be equal on technical standards, Not just Hull and engine displacement.

Limited prop size, Nitro content, compression or head clearance,(eats up glow plugs),. to many of us are trying to pull out all the power out of these little engines to only make them less reliable .don't get me wrong , a good mod motor can me very reliable, but not with an over size prop, that we all try to swing. Keeping these tech standers equal, will give more reliable runs with better multi boat finishes, which leaves it down to timing the start clock and driving skills

P.S; (EX: A sport 40 with a octura X447 or X448/2 or 3 blade, will have a more reliable finish over a sport 40 with a X 450 or X452.)Maybe your boat can push a bigger prop. not everyone can.

Oh yea! have you ever been at a race when the retrieve boat had more run time than all the RC boats put together

Scott W
HELL NO!!! No more rules. I race boat's. JMO

Yes! I agree No More, Rules.

I'll Just work Harder to maintain them to finish,(rather take last place than a DNF or DNS any day) and help others to do the same when I can.

NASCAR.....Boats:::::: Do not see the comparison. Boat Racing Pit Stop,, LMAO.

Racing is racing,if im constantly getting beat do I take the high road or the low road? Im going to find a way to compete even if it means taking a chance of a DNF. Consistently improving is key to racing at or near the top level. Weather its game changer,m-1 kits or a Boris flow meter .

Kim and I pit for each other, so we have our strategy down pretty close and its ever changing with the heat at hand! The last race we attended .I was late on the start, tight on the buoys, (4 boat heat). I entered the front straightaway and I ran into (sideswipe) my good friends son 21 blackbird! He fell off of the pipe lane 2 mid turn. buoy 8/9,. EVERYBODY MISSED THE SLOW BOAT EXCEPT ME!!! Nobody called slow boat, their eyes were on the start just up ahead. IT HAPPENS (could have been avoided) One really needs to quickly announce (dead boat, slow boat, wild boat ,Etc), along with a host of great technics from all the posts above! "COMMUNICATION"

Maybe We need a green light and yellow Caution light on top of the starting clock.(Slow down)(No Passing when yellow light is on) Till every driver/pit man, acknowledge(loudly)to race announcer, that there good to go.(dead wood accounted for) then go back to green light racing. Some times will finish under yellow, but will finish in one piece.

P.S. If your boat will not stay running at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, your boat should not be racing.

Tell Me, How many times have you heard the announcer tell the same guy/ girl, 2 or 3 times around,(EX "Watch that Dead boat off of Buoy 3"),and then hit the boat anyways,

Dead Wood Limit: limit the amount of dead boat on the course for the race to be finalized (EX. 5 boats in heat ,3 die, with 3laps to go),( Race is called at that point) for 1st and 2cd. Why Race all out for 2 boats.

P.S. More dead wood , Bigger worst odds. Isn't funny how they all pile up at one spot.

Too Original post. My boat (DNF or DNS) twice for a 3 heat race. (EX:heat 1 DNF -100 points, heat2 DNS -100 Points,1 place +400 points=( +200 Points Total), but shouldn't exceed Negative for points earned.(EX: heat1 DNF-100 points DNS -100 points heat3, 4th Place 169 points =( -31 points Total).This Is not the way to get people to keep their boat running out on the course. (crap happens) plain and simple, No one goes racing to put their boat in the water to be just a target.

To Get "Quality of Racing"...You first need Equality of racing.. the playing field needs to be equal on technical standards, Not just Hull and engine displacement.

Limited prop size, Nitro content, compression or head clearance,(eats up glow plugs),. to many of us are trying to pull out all the power out of these little engines to only make them less reliable .don't get me wrong , a good mod motor can me very reliable, but not with an over size prop, that we all try to swing. Keeping these tech standers equal, will give more reliable runs with better multi boat finishes, which leaves it down to timing the start clock and driving skills

P.S; (EX: A sport 40 with a octura X447 or X448/2 or 3 blade, will have a more reliable finish over a sport 40 with a X 450 or X452.)Maybe your boat can push a bigger prop. not everyone can.

Oh yea! have you ever been at a race when the retrieve boat had more run time than all the RC boats put together

Scott W
HELL NO!!! No more rules. I race boat's. JMO
What keeps "ME" in boat's is the challenge to push my boat to it's limits. Yes I fail,but that's ok...1 step forward,2 steps back,4 steps forward,1 step back etc. At least Im not riding in the boat(thx GOD lol).

Sorry if I came across rude on my comment,I got tired while just reading it:) It sucks when ANYBODY's boat dies/or gets hit,at the speeds we are running and as tight as some heats are I think we do pretty **** good not to have more wrecks than we do. JMO

Back