Anyone else do larger outboards??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foolwitools

Hi Guys!

I know not many run on "f" class.............. And I'm just a pleasure boater interested to see if I could compete if I had the time.......... But the last two races I attended, "F" class had only 3 or four entrants........ Are bigger boats a dead issue? It's not more complicated, or that much more expensive............. Why is it not as popular as other classes? I just found a 1.0 cu Outboard and I

can't wait to get it hooked up to my 48" Bandit tunnel............... What am I missing........

Bob the Fool :blink:

Bob,

I had a great DPI quarter scale tunnel with a large 1 cubic K&B with a tuned pipe. The thing riped through the waves.

It did however, tear the living crap out of the prop shaft assembly bushing after every single run. That motor vibrated like a MO'FO! I never really got it too do blazing speeds but the look of it on the water was as real to an original Sea Bold as you could get.

The biggest draw back to why I sold it was it barely fit in my trunk so it was difficult to take anywhere.

Oh yeah, I had to add a LOT OF WEIGHT into the nose or it would blow over.

I'd like to see pictures of your boat when your done. Here's one of mine. It's not a good one but you'll get the basis.

Rod,

Though I never experienced seeing the DPI 1/4 scale boat with my own eyes, I saw one of that model run very nicely on videotape. Even though those engines aren't suppose to "Rev up" per say, my brother got his 13cc cranking up the "Rrrr's" by running 7.5 props. He got more stable performance out of the boat and he broke fewer flexshafts than when he was running larger props. JD, one of the designers of the boat, commented after watching the videotape that it was the best he'd ever seen any of those boats run.

Ah yes, the size is a factor BUT the fact remains that you will never see that well under the tunnel of a boat of a smaller size and why are you putting that beast in the trunk? Put it on the roof of the car and let it fly! :D :D

Snowdog

Bob, with you on this... I'm loving my large boat, would race if there were any clubs in my area, but really just playing around..

Here's a pic of my 13cc with Garcia pipe.. No internal changes yet, want to break it in without changes..

13cc.1.jpg

Wonder what happened to the yellow one??

sol03.jpg

Mark...

Dark,

Yeah, I like that picture better than the other ones!

Bryan,

Yeah I'd have loved to have seen that video. I never had a problem with flex cables only the prop shaft assemblies. It would kill the nylon washer and brake the set screws, the one right behind the prop. I can't remmeber how many times I did emergency surgery by putting a T-pin in that hole bending it and hitting it with a little CA.

As for getting it to rev the rrrrrrr's, yeah it roared but man I never could stoip the vibration......it was horrible. To bad when I sold it UPS totally destroyed it!

OB Nut,

Those tunnels, they look like the old Maus hulls but w/a modified cowl. Are those from Hyperformance??? How do they handle??

Quoted

"OB Nut,

Those tunnels, they look like the old Maus hulls but w/a modified cowl. Are those from Hyperformance??? How do they handle??" Unquote

CAN I ANSWER, CAN I ANSWER???

Those are "Solutions". Mark's already told me about them. It's a very nice, large boat.

Rod,

if I can get that tape to cd and I'll send you a copy!

Snowdog

Rod,

Snowdog is right... Those pic'd are two WOF Solutions I built a year ago.. The yellow one is now in the hands of a FOOL we all know B) .......

As for my comment no internal changes made, sorry to miss lead ya.. Not seen is the Keeley Turbo head.. I meant to state no alterations to the P/S or crank..

Mark....

;) HEY FOOL : YES WE DO BUILD A LARGER OUTBOARD , 67. FROM THE CMB EVO 67 NOW YOU TALK ABOUT SOME SERIOUS HP. EVERYTHING ON THIS ONE IS CNC MADE , EXP. THE MOTOR OF CORSE . I WILL TELL YOU IN ADVANCE DO NOT PUT THIS ONE ON ANY THING LESS THAN A 40 INCH BOAT . WE ALSO MAKE A 45 EVO THAT NOW HOLDS THE WORLD SPEED RECORD IN THE NAMBA RECORD BOOKS AT 72.4 MPH, THEY NOW TELL ME THEY HAVE IT CLOSE TO 80 MPH , JAMES IRWIN

1-765-747-4192

Hi Bob

I am with you, I am still building up a 1/4 scale DPI copy. Hopefully getting painted next week and then I can finish assembling it. Powered by a 13cc K&B.

Initially I will run this stock and after testing (successfully hopefully) I will put the pipe on it (Thanks again for the pipe) Will keep you posted.

RC Boats 2 great picture do you have any more especially radio box tank etc and any set up advice. My boat is a fibreglass copy so maybe the set up will be different, but any advice for a novice would be appreciated.

Thanks Trickey (Shane)

Hey Gang,

After digging, I finally found the tape of that 1/4 scale and have JUST digitized it. B) When I make the movie, in MPG format, does anyone have extra webspace I can put it on so we all can see AND HEAR how well the 13cc stock engine ran? :rolleyes:

I don't know how big the file will be as I haven't rendered it yet but the show's about 5 minutes.

Snowdog

Thanks Paul,

That was my first attempt to make a video. I'm working on another with better quality right now.

Thanks again for posting it on your site.

Bryan

Bob,

Currently I only run for fun. I'd be a member of IMPBA if there was a local club. Believe the nearest tunnel club is Jackson, Tn.

Mark..

Hope to see ya in June at the K-Zoo Fun Run...

Back