Whats fair about "Toy Boats"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we talking FASST, HRSS or other types of systems? I can always use a second 4PLS if someone else is buying
default_biggrin.png

I have reframed from making a post about all of this but think that there needs to be a little explaining. First of all I or we have never cheated in this hobby. I do not know of anyone that has ever done that either. The point of racing and travel partners using the same frequency on their classes has been going on for years I saw it when I started. I have been boating for over thirty years. This rule that everyone is pulling out has nothing to do with this. It was to make sure that everyone was running a legal frequency for surface craft or a legal shared frequency. But back in the day there were racers that were changing frequencies between heats. Why because they were running the same boat in two classes by changing motors and were not able to get the boat on the same frequency in both classes. This is why you see a time limit between heats for this problem. I know of one person that has done this for years. Don't know if he still does but he still races. Now this cheating? No it is not.

Now we travel a lot of miles to races. We used to go to a race ever month, but have slow down in the past few years. We started calling for each other shortly after we got started. Why it was hard to find help for all of the heats we were running. We take a average of 10 to 15 boat to a race. This is a lot of boats and a lot of pit/calling. We started putting our boats on the same frequency so that we could pit/call for each other. I have had racers call me when we were putting on a race asking me that me and Billybob are running in the same class and I do not have the same frequency channel that he does, could you please try and not put us in the same heat and I said of course what ever you need at our race. Of course a race may not have enough boats to split into two or more heats. Well we would have to find callers to help in those classes. This is always understood.

What does this mean? There is no way a host club can provide pit/callers to help everyone that needs a caller. And you put a large burden on your fellow racers if your running a lot of boats. The answer is we run a lot of boats and to not burden our fellow racers or the host club members we choose to run on the same frequency so that we can help ourselves. Do the math. If we are running 5 boats each there is possibly of having to run each other 5 times per class. We would have to find pit/callers for 10 boat a round or 50 pit/callers for a 5 round race. And this is a huge burden on fellow racers and the host club.

There has never been a problem until this race software has come out. This has force us to enter our boats on a channel number and enter 2.4 for a secondary. The newer 2.4 has made it a lot easier for the host club as to frequency conflict but has created a problem for us racers that run a lot of boats.

There is no cheating or taking advantage in any way here. Just plain simple math. And host clubs that push the issue will shoot themselves in the foot. As we that do this and other will not give this club the time of day to support it. We just want to race our boats, have a good time and visit with our friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
& the Guy that started this Bull S entered his Boats on frequencies.. Not DSM...... Imagine that??.. He Must be cheating somehow?? The Rules need NOT to be Changed Mid Season. or By a Host Club........ I believe we were all accused of Running DSM Radios & Entering on frequencies?? I Never Owned a DSM unill last week!!!!!!!!! If the IMPBA or NAMBA wants everyone up update radios to get rid of the Junk radios Frequencies? Then the decision need to be made at the Top.. But The last time I looked Mr John Knight was not in charge of either race organization.. But it is something to be considered to rid the clubs of Radios that Do not work Or that you can not get authorized repair centers to work on... needs to be the reason. Not this other Monkey Crap!!

I agree with my racing partner.

More hassle at age 70 results in the FUNOMETER TO GO TO "0"

During the last couple years there has been issued even before racing starts with this event

I have a room full of trophies as most due after 35 yrs of racing

So at this stage of life if it is not fun but just hassles to attend the event and the FUNOMETER IS NOT DOING WELL, it is saying avoid the hassles, EVEN THOUGH IN THE PAST WE ENJOYED CHARLESTOWN ESPECIALLY THE SHRIMP AND GRITS

I have entered the race using the radio system that I own and that is not a DSM system. But I register and run those systems and you guys have NOT and that is THE issue. You falsify your entry with a channel that is not going to be used in the race. The issue is not the kind or type of radios but your wanton and willful disregard for the rules currently established, regardless if they are based upon what you call ancient reasons. Only you group of guys have this type of conduct and is very poor sportsmanship towards the host club(s) and the other competitors. Nothing to do with cheating as you allege but rather all to do with sportsmanship and rule compliance.

If you have a problem with the rule, do it the right way and submit a rule change and until then you must live with it. The 27 and 75 MHZ AM & FM systems are in the rule book and remain legal. Racers cannot be mandated to run only them. With time the phasing out of them will occur and has been significant shift to DSM in the past 4-5 years. This policy with the CMB races was started with our tunnel championships in April and ALL did comply. All clubs should do the same and enforce rule compliance.

You all were offered an accommodation for the twin and F Hydro classes as you were harping on the "TWINS" so much as being unique and needing specialized support. We did not have to but we did to help with the twin situation. However the remaining classes you run the B Hydro, D Hydro, E Hydro, E Mono, F Mono and any others you guys run are standard classes and boats and will have to comply. But that was not good enough so you have brought out the flame throwers. Cannot have it both ways guys. There are times when a racer needs a pit man and MANY quickly offer to lend a helping hand so it is no imposition or real delay. Nothing but a bunch of crock and sour grapes as you did not get your way by being bullies. We have the backbone to adhere to the rules and take care of violations that are happening and racers are complaining about your actions.

If you choose not to come so be it and we'll continue to prosper and hold competitive for all racers without games being played. We got 225 boats entered in 4 hours yesterday for the race. HUMM!! We would rather you stay away and not come and create dissention and discontent, now or in the future. Take your ball home and play amongst yourselves. Go ahead and run your own race in Huntsville, doing what you want even if in violation of the rulebook. And then trying to put the race on top of the Fall Nationals. Good behavior and sportsmanship - NOT. Just shows the nature of your character. The IMPBA office is aware of your actions. Oh yes, make the race registration public for all to see, you guys always seem to hide the race registrations from the public so you can do what you want. We do not hide anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back