Whats fair about "Toy Boats"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, let me ask this:

1) HOW MANY PEOPLE STILL RUN ON 27MHz?

2) HOW MANY PEOPLE STILL RUN ON 50MHz?

3) HOW MANY PEOPLE STILL RUN ON 75MHz?

4) HOW MANY PEOPLE NOW RUN ON 2.4GHz?

At a multi-club race I was at last weekend, out of 60 or so boats, I doubt I saw more than three or four transmitters with the telescopic antennas, one I do know was on 27MHz. That being said, if there are that few left, why not just do the following and call it good:

1) Get a listing of all people running on the MHZ bands

2) See if there are any conflicts

3) If there is, have one of the people change channels and require them to run that channel through out the event

4) GO RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still run 75 MHz, ch 69 primary/73 alternate. I haven't had a frequency conflict in 5 or 6 years, I feel no need to switch. My JR synthesized tx's & rx's only take a second to change frequencies, should there be a sudden rush on available channels - LOL!

I still run on 75 MHZ and have never had a problem besides operator error . this is not an equipment problem . I have 4 3PK's on 75 MGHZ and that is where I will be .

Allowing one person per channel per class lets people still run their perfectly good 75's and negates any reason to enter on an old channel if they are on 2.4. The only argument against it is:: I want to not race my buddy, or Joe Fast or that crazy guy that's run into me three times this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't worry about Joe Fast. If I draw him or his relatives, Very, Extremely or the others, I just stay outside and let them go. I figure it's easier to let them race each other and maybe take themselves out than for me to try and end up taking myself out. I ended up with a second in one heat that way last weekend though rough water got me more than once and, when the water didn't get me, I tended to beat myself
default_ohmy.png

lol i just laugh reading 4 pages about games played with radio channels. lol what next. driving in the pits from overhead with a drone lol..

Everyone here has made good arguments on the who, what, when, where, and why. The bottom line is that the CD will be in charge of his race and he has given fair warning on how the race will be run. No surprises. I respect John for telling it like it is up front.

John

This is the drama that has made running TOY boats no fun at all. the reason I don't run boats anymore, that and being run over and acting like it is no big deal!

Looks like the people who have used crystals to make traveling and pitting easier and not for an advantage are older and used to something that hasn't been a problem in a time when races were not so large and clubs welcomed out of town racers. Spending time and money is an individual choice and not going to events is something to consider for contestants and clubs. Sometimes the product isn't worth the price. I have seen all kinds of threads on how do we get new boaters involved. I know in my business experience keeping existing loyal customers is sometimes more important than finding new ones.

Mic

Best thing I have seen here is grouping the top 6 in the final heat.

This is the reason I stopped racing RC boats since 2013. glad I'm still out.

Come to a race or you don't come to a race. Run model boats or you don't run model boats. I choose to run model boats in IMPBA and NAMBA. Their is an old saying "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out".
default_wink.png

There will always be people that will use anything to get a advantage , if it's with slower boats cause they don't want to race fast boats ,(team s) or blocking . Guess Iam crazy because I want to be in the heat with the fastest racer . if you use 2.4 just you shouldn't put down 75mhz that's a no brainier

That's my 2cents

There will always be people that will use anything to get a advantage , if it's with slower boats cause they don't want to race fast boats ,(team s) or blocking . Guess Iam crazy because I want to be in the heat with the fastest racer . if you use 2.4 just you shouldn't put down 75mhz that's a no brainier

That's my 2cents
That is not the case here . These men are not trying to gain an advantage in the race merely to continue the pitting process they have been doing sharing for years . Whatever , I want to race with the fastest guys out there because on the right day I can beat them , and also be beat by them and respect that . Race on , I got thick skin !

Is this statement true or is the rule to vague to have a clear yes/no answer.

You are REQUIRED to run on the same channel(s) you signed up on.

This rule is why Stu and I started running different classes, not the best way but eliminates the pit guy problem. Your pit guy can make or break you on launches, dead boats and traffic.

Not a lot of people can pit specially in the twin class. Most people don't like to pit for twins because of the noise on start up and there heavy. I ran into that problem at a race got a bad launch lucky for me I full throttle it when the pitman came up I told him I'll take it from here just count my laps.

It's hard to find a good pitman for twin these boats move too fast and there too much going on specially when there's 4- 6 twins in the water. Saying its a advantage I call Bs on that. I have raced every twin driver or most. the best twin and driver will win the heat that's if your boat finished the race consistency will always prevail not the fastest boat.

When I had my 80 twin I was the slowest boat in the class and was put in heats with the fastest boat in the class and I still won heats and placed very well. To me I don't see any team racing just guys trying to go fast and win.

Most of you guys know that Joe tunes and sets up my twins along with Ralph. There's been heats where all 3 of us race each other we are best friends but in the water there's no friends that's how we see it.

I don't see any problems from my standpoint but others may . i can show any competent racer and pitman to launch a twin with a five minute or less tutorial . The race course scenario is another deal that has to be aquired but in the end itis just a big heavy boat that has to be launched upright . Dead boat location and avoidance is key as with any fast boat .

lol i just laugh reading 4 pages about games played with radio channels. lol what next. driving in the pits from overhead with a drone lol..
The day I see someone wearing FPV goggles while driving a boat is the day I sell all of my racing stuff.

There are times, however, where an "eye in the sky" would be a godsend for that first turn to see who violated which rule or cut off someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back