any chance of seeing more .12 twins?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saweeeet.....we can share idea's,,,and builds...should be fun,,,,,but the real fun will come when the water gets soft again..lol....

saweeeet.....we can share idea's,,,and builds...should be fun,,,,,but the real fun will come when the water gets soft again..lol....
thats gives you guys time to bash ideas and get your builds done wright.

Last edited by a moderator:
I been thinking about ordering an Jae21 sponson kit from Joe@Zippkits and building a tub the same length as an Jae21, but make it wide enough for twin engines. I figured that you would need the 21 sponsons and length to handle the extra weight. You think that would work ???? John D...

I been thinking about ordering an Jae21 sponson kit from Joe@Zippkits and building a tub the same length as an Jae21, but make it wide enough for twin engines. I figured that you would need the 21 sponsons and length to handle the extra weight. You think that would work ???? John D...
That what Joe was thinking,.Joe want to see what the .21 and .45 sponsons looks like. Then go from there.

I have yet to finish a .12 single (still gathering parts) but the idea of a .12 twin really intrigues me. I was wondering, how does the weight of two .12's compare to the weight of a single .21?

Keep building! Can't wait to see the build thread and the videos when they get on the water!

I have yet to finish a .12 single (still gathering parts) but the idea of a .12 twin really intrigues me. I was wondering, how does the weight of two .12's compare to the weight of a single .21?

Keep building! Can't wait to see the build thread and the videos when they get on the water!
My twin weighs 3 lb and a few oz. and is about the same size as a .21 boat.

Glenn

Glenn
Glen is the tub the same mesurments as the .21" or is the tub alittle wider? Glen you started this twin.12's.. see what you done..lol..

Last edited by a moderator:

Glenn
Wow! That's a lightweight!

I searched for pictures of your twin showing the drive lines but couldn't find it. Did you use flex cable or piano wire? What size?

Do you think the forward exhaust system is lighter?

glenn i have a question for you..... why the rudder on the left of the transom???? is there a reason??? prop walk possibly???

originally i was thinkin of using my favorite little engine which is the aqua .18.... being side exhaust its gonna set the engines way to far apart,,,making the tub stupidly too wide... my power options now have to change... i might possibly try the rear exhaust go's... but then again who knows....

i think the .21 sponsons will be fine for a little twin,,,and like glenn said,,,relatively the same size as a .21 hull...

i surely intend on using the jae design throughout the whole build.....

alden

glenn i have a question for you..... why the rudder on the left of the transom???? is there a reason??? prop walk possibly???

originally i was thinkin of using my favorite little engine which is the aqua .18.... being side exhaust its gonna set the engines way to far apart,,,making the tub stupidly too wide... my power options now have to change... i might possibly try the rear exhaust go's... but then again who knows....

i think the .21 sponsons will be fine for a little twin,,,and like glenn said,,,relatively the same size as a .21 hull...

alden
Joe building his friend jae.12 now.. next week he's getting more wood for the twin,and single.12 jae.He has two tub's frame work done. we're going to have .12 jae up the whazoo this winter..

ya know another thing i thought about,,, if anyone wanted to build a twin easily,,,, you could simply join two .12 jae tubs together...proly even join two .12 sponsons together...although i would proly just use the .21 sponsons... it wont be the lightest twin,,, but im sure you could take some of that wieght back out of the build in certain area's... ;) it sure would make a simple project for anyone not wanting to take on the task of building a scratch boat...

i could be wrong on all this,,, but with the ease of use of the jae,,, i bet it would motor around just fine...

ac

Glenn
Glen is the tub the same mesurments as the .21" or is the tub alittle wider? Glen you started this twin.12's.. see what you done..lol..
It is wider...just enough to fit the motors in.

GQ

Glenn
Wow! That's a lightweight!

I searched for pictures of your twin showing the drive lines but couldn't find it. Did you use flex cable or piano wire? What size?

Do you think the forward exhaust system is lighter?

Ken, I built the boat with .125 cables, but have switched to wires. The front exhaust is not lighter...I did it just to keep the boat a little more streamlined. It is not better, just different.

Glenn

alden
Alden, I have always put the rudder on the left on all of my hydro designs. I honestly don't think it makes a difference, but I like the rudder servo to PULL for right turns, and since I offset the motor to the right I want to keep the rudder as far away from the prop as possible (I have noticed a different in handling here!!!)

GQ

alden
Alden, I have always put the rudder on the left on all of my hydro designs. I honestly don't think it makes a difference, but I like the rudder servo to PULL for right turns, and since I offset the motor to the right I want to keep the rudder as far away from the prop as possible (I have noticed a different in handling here!!!)

GQ
Why couldnt you put the rudder in the center?? set it back enought that it wont hit the twin props..

A prop in dirty water isn't as effective as one in clean water for one, putting the rudder to one side makes shaft removal easier as you don't have to pull the rudder first

Technically in the IMPBA, twin .12's would put you in the "C" class. The next problem is that they like to burst your bubble as they don't like twins that are less than .45 powered although Kevin Sheren had one.

Latest posts

Back