any chance of seeing more .12 twins?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though a twin .12 is bigger than the .21 class allows, I suspect most district races will let them race if they want. I know the folks around here keep bugging me to race mine. They are not going to be faster than a good .21 hydro and with the added complexity I suspect they will be less realiable so the added displacement should make it a wash. BUT they do sound COOOOLER!

GQ

so im pretty sure,,,,,, im runnin some rear exhaust go engines.... cheap power plants is what im after at this point... from what i gather i can get two engines for less than $120.00.... and with some lathe and port work they should work out fine,,,plus i will be able to set a pipe on each side of the hull the way it should be.......

nessa,,, any progress on your and joe's end????????

alden

so im pretty sure,,,,,, im runnin some rear exhaust go engines.... cheap power plants is what im after at this point... from what i gather i can get two engines for less than $120.00.... and with some lathe and port work they should work out fine,,,plus i will be able to set a pipe on each side of the hull the way it should be.......

nessa,,, any progress on your and joe's end????????

alden
Joe been trying to get ahold of Glen to find out /try to get measurments on glens twin .12 to get a idea if .21 rigger would work..Ron.if they shove the twin in .40,then its on like donkey kong like joe said.. He'll run the traxxas 3.3=.20 size pistion=twin=.40.. This should give the .45 ahard time.. factors, one smaller boat=lighter weight.. two twin.20's=.40=put out more rpms and maybe more or same hp as a.45..could give them some headacks..but that if there dialed in wright,,that will be the key factor...to me your all nuts,,twin headacks too me..alden,joe is trying to get his friend .12 rigger finish,then he'll start on the twin.but like i said he wants to find info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back