any chance of seeing more .12 twins?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroboy383

hey rod,,, any chance of ever seeing a jae .12 twin,,,,heck for that matter .21's???

i was thinkin of taking on a .12 twin this winter and man would it be nice if zipp or ???? had cut kits.....

anyone else have a itch for a .12 twin???....lol...there was one posted here a while back,,,,had twin nova's from glenn im perdy sure....

alden

hey rod,,, any chance of ever seeing a jae .12 twin,,,,heck for that matter .21's???

i was thinkin of taking on a .12 twin this winter and man would it be nice if zipp or ???? had cut kits.....

anyone else have a itch for a .12 twin???....lol...there was one posted here a while back,,,,had twin nova's from glenn im perdy sure....

alden
Yeah Alden, it was my twin. It is a pretty neat boat...still haven't spend much time messing with it, but when I get things right it goes pretty good. And of course it sounds AWESOME!

I have sold several sets of .12 motors to guys building twins, but haven't seen the boats yet.

Glenn

ya,,,ya,,,i remember yours for sure glenn...twin texan correct?? bad to the bone man...i love the looks and sound of twins....i just think with a twin .12 hull available it could spark life into a new breed....

alden

Ill probably never do it but Id love a twin 21 JAE. Problem with twin 12 is youll still have to race in 40 hydro class. A properly set up twin 21 will stand a better chance obviously against them 45 singles.

Jr.

the .12's have the potential,,,if david hall ran in the 80's with a single,,,imagine giving that good ole boy a twin,,could be astonished...

alden

Last edited by a moderator:
i completely understand that jon,, i really never said they did or would... i simply stated they are,,, cool as heck,,,sound awsome,,,and have potential to be fast... :) lets face it,,,you rarely ever see a .12 boat run in the 80's when it wasnt in the back of some guy's car.... :lol: :D

alden

yeah, but twin .12's would have to run in the .45 class. too big at .24 to run in .21........aweful small boat, except for saw runs, by itself. but , in that class, aaron has run crazy pass' at like 139, i think kentley set an official backed up pass for a record of 111.unfortunely, just a play boat, no matter how cool they are. i love the sound of twins, but that's a fair amount for a play boat.

yeah, but twin .12's would have to run in the .45 class. too big at .24 to run in .21........aweful small boat, except for saw runs, by itself. but , in that class, aaron has run crazy pass' at like 139, i think kentley set an official backed up pass for a record of 111.unfortunely, just a play boat, no matter how cool they are. i love the sound of twins, but that's a fair amount for a play boat.
I think IMPBA should revise the .21 class like the .12 and .18 pretty much the same class.. From .21-.32 should be aloud to run in a .21 class.. .11-.20 are aloud to run in a .12 or.18 class. Joe=my hubby wants to run a twin.12's but worse come to worse might try acouple of .10's,that way it can be in the .11-.20 class. everything is still up in the air on it..Alden just remember that 80 mhp is the light version of the.12 kit.. Joe just finished my lightweight.12 and waiting to do some test runs on it. His next build will be very very lightweight and stong. He got two guys that build boats for along time giving him great info to built it..I dont care to mess with twins. There alot of hassels to them. Its bad enought to keep one nitro engine in tune .let along keeping two insinc of eachother.But I do love to watch them run!!

how 'bout a triple? Just thinking aloud...
ya triple troubles. just think of three engine to keep in tune. also just imagine the fuel consomtion and three glow plugs to blow out too at $5-9.00 aplug.

see,,,from my stand point,,(not a racer)...doesnt matter what class it falls in...im building a twin this winter regardless,,,,just wondering if anyone is even thinkin about a twin kit..... i wouldnt be concerned about the engine tune if a hull was available with very little to adjust,,,hence the jae question....it would simply have the cool factor,,that alone means a ton to those who dont race...lol....

alden

i like the way jeff thinks...nothin to it, but to do it,,,right??? would be sweet for sure....i remember a discussion a while back about tripples and quad engine hulls...man o man...its just pure fun...

see,,,from my stand point,,(not a racer)...doesnt matter what class it falls in...im building a twin this winter regardless,,,,just wondering if anyone is even thinkin about a twin kit..... i wouldnt be concerned about the engine tune if a hull was available with very little to adjust,,,hence the jae question....it would simply have the cool factor,,that alone means a ton to those who dont race...lol....

alden
I'd just let joe read this thread.. He said to heck with this,He's going to build a JAE.12 shortly. He's building his friend Jae.12 now. Alden,you and joe should do a .12 JAE build thread.

i understand you perfectly, alden. build it and run the snot out of it B) !! i was just explaining why you won't see more than a few, imo. i want to build a twin .21 ob switzer flying wing, complete with 3rd channel trim flap/aleron. useless, but it's something i gotta do :rolleyes: , and i will . yeah, i understand .....

lol...... i love it robin,,,, i wanna see this thing when its done....it will be awsome.... remember what i said about the cool factor.... :lol: ... i totally understand and agree with the whole race situation,,,, but imagine if the hull was so elite that it could become its own class.... but then that goes back to the subject that the less classes the better...

nessa,,that would be cool for sure... ive thought of several different ways to build a jae .12 twin... i guess it comes down to the lighter you can make that hull the better,,,just like any other build i suppose... shortly after christmas i will be purchasing the stuff for the build... I think it will be a ton of fun to build and share here...

lol...... i love it robin,,,, i wanna see this thing when its done....it will be awsome.... remember what i said about the cool factor.... :lol: ... i totally understand and agree with the whole race situation,,,, but imagine if the hull was so elite that it could become its own class.... but then that goes back to the subject that the less classes the better...

nessa,,that would be cool for sure... ive thought of several different ways to build a jae .12 twin... i guess it comes down to the lighter you can make that hull the better,,,just like any other build i suppose... shortly after christmas i will be purchasing the stuff for the build... I think it will be a ton of fun to build and share here...
Joe hopeing to start on his maybe before christmas. at less the hull. if IMPBA wont revise the.21? you would be thrown in C hydro's=.40 class. If its true? Joe would run twin traxxas 3.3=.20's..But joe is to the point,on he doesnt care about racing it. Just want a hotrod rigger to play with and show off to his friends.

now thats what im talkin about..."hotrod rigger to play around with"..... im on the same page as joe.....

Back