Antique Motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Stuchell

A friend ask me to see if anyone on IW would have any information or interest in an old Nitro Marine motor. The motor is a HB .61 The HB is the logo. It has what appears to be a as manufactured water sleeve around the cylinder, the head appears to be air cooled and is anodized red, The motor is complete with fly wheel and collet. The motor has been lieing around in his toolbox for many years and was part of a boat (which is in terrible condition) that used this motor and powered a jet pump. the jet pump appears in very good condition, with reverse. The motor has a ring on the piston and has decent compression, The cylinder appears in good condition, while the carbuator looks good it is frozen, and I believe could be cleaned and made functional. I am new to the RC Marine world and know nothing about these older things. Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike Stuchell

Hi Mike

Some pictures would be very helpful for anyone to be able to help you.

I had a couple of HB airplane engines in the 70's. The .61 was released probably in the70's as well. It is basically a converted airplane engine with a cooling ring around the cylinder. The engine is loop scavenged with PDP (I think it stands for Perry Directional Porting). So it is more suited for a scale cabin cruiser. A .21 today will have more power than the HB .61. It may have some collector value if you can find the right buyer.

Latest posts

Back