• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

84 MAC SILVER HEAD MOTORS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happybradboating

These motors need a new home and put to use rather than sitting on the shelf. The first motor has better compression than the second motor. I would consider the piston & cylinder to have good compression. In looking over the head button, & piston dome they look to have some life left in them. The bearings spin freely. The collet is complete and ready for use with a 1/4" drive shaft. The price for this motor is $200.00 that includes shipping in the lower 48 states. Payment method by Paypal or M.O. [SIZE=16pt]MOTOR SOLD[/SIZE]

SNV34067.JPG SNV34069.JPG SNV34086.JPG SNV34090.JPG SNV34092.JPG

Then the second motor appears to have less compression. The sleeve on the second motor has some damage, it must have got bent out of round from a thrown rod. The bearings spin freely on this motors.

This motor vibrates some due to the bottom of the cylinder being out of round as can be seen in one of the pictures. It still runs decent after I tightened up the backing plate bolts so they would stay tight. The connecting rod ended up putting a small ding in the engine case when the backing plate came loose. That is why the engine case has been repaired with JB Weld due to the backing plate bolts vibrating loose. I test ran this motor after the repairs and everything held together fine. The collet is missing the brass insert, so a 1/4" insert is needed.

The price for this motor is $130.00 that includes shipping in the lower 48 states. Payment method by Paypal or M.O.

Please reply to this thread. If my Paypal information is requested send me your inquiry by PM, [SIZE=16pt]MAKE AN OFFER[/SIZE]

SNV34087.JPGSNV34088.JPGSNV34085.JPGSNV34080.JPGSNV34089.JPG SNV34096.JPG SNV34098.JPGSNV34099.JPGSNV34104.JPGSNV34109.JPGSNV34111.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brad,

if the liner on the first engine is free from any scratch''s or gouge's , I will take the first engine,

To Brad & Shane,

I will see first off if anyone is interested within the U.S. and the lower 48 states. I would get nailed on higher Paypal fees and have the higher cost in shipping incorporated into the international Paypal fees.

Thanks

Brad

Hi Brad,

I normally pay the paypal fees anyway , like the first engine I got from you a year or to ago, so you wont be out of pocket anyway

Hey Shane if you want you could have the engine shipped to me and I will ship it across the pond as long as it's ok with the seller. Let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi John & Shane,

If I have it figured correctly, the cheaper route to ship the motor to Australia is $33.75. If John can send me his zip code in this thread or by PM I will calculate shipping to his address. At some point today I will get to taking one or two pictures of the inner part of the sleeve/cylinder. If Shane is willing to pay the additional fees as he mentioned above what I had originally planned on then we can work everything out from there to figure out how shipping would happen. I think 3% should make up the difference.

Thanks

Brad

My zip is 56007. Since you said free shipping in the US just work out the PayPal fees with Shane. Him and I will work out the overseas shipping.

Shane,

In the agreement that I send John the motor, if you are willing to pay $206.00 to me by Paypal we have everything figured out. I will send you my Paypal information after I post pictures of the sleeve/cylinder so you can view the overall condition.

Thanks

Brad

Shane,

I added 2 pictures out of a few taken. The digital camera I use is not the best. I looked at the sleeve with a flash light and it looks good no burns, scratches, scrapes etc.

Thanks

Brad

I do paypal as a friend so I pay the 3% and I will pay you the shipping cost to Canada.

Brad
Brad Nichols,

If you can send me your complete shipping information by PM I will run the cost on line & make sure it is correct by going to the post office to get their estimate and the form to send it international.

Thanks

Brad T

Brad Nichols,

I am also asking you to meet me half way on the requested cost of $130.00 at $115.00 plus shipping. The shipping will be more than I had originally planned.

Thanks

Brad T

Shane,

I added 2 pictures out of a few taken. The digital camera I use is not the best. I looked at the sleeve with a flash light and it looks good no burns, scratches, scrapes etc.

Thanks

Brad
Hi Brad,

Payment sent, engine can now be posted to John, then on to myself

Shane

If the crank piston and rod are good I will do $115 plus the shipping cost.

Brad
Brad Nichols,

If you would like a picture of the rod and crank I can pull the backing plate. Then the picture would be added to this post.

If I remember correctly the backing plate bolts has either blue or red lock-tite on them. I can not say for sure until taken part way apart. If that sounds good I will proceed. It ran fine for me a few years back and seemed to have the same over all speed.

Thanks

Brad T

Shane & John,

If I can get the address to the shipping location for John the motor can be sent out tomorrow. I have been notified that the payment has been made by Shane.

Thanks

Brad T

Back