am sprint cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff baham

guy i got an am sprint cat hull and motor rtr with a cmb67 purple head in it the hull is 34 inches long ,the guy i got it from said his raced it in the e hydro . but i have second though on that looks like the hull is too small to oval race with maybe SAW running , i looked on AM website ,but they dont show a 34'' hull, they show 36'' HULL FOR A 60-80, and the 20-40 hull is 29'' long,. did AM make a 34'' hull .

I there a Aeromarine label inside of the boat? Seen other sc's on other sites post a 34" but not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your boat sounds like the 40/60 Sprint cat , With a 67 it's a little hairy in choppy water , it makes a much better 45 boat for heat racing I have built plenty of them OPS 45 55 MPH off the bench back in the 90's I have one now with a K30 gas motor using for SAW running and been over 85 MPH with it great boats the sprint cat series !

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been running the 40/60 with a 67 mac in it fore a while now and if you get the setup right she handles the rough water really well. I run the strut flat to keep the nose down, not the fastest in a straight but rides the chop well

The 40/60 Sprint Cat is indeed a little over 34 inches. FE guys use it with Q power. One of the best handling cats under 40 inches.

ok thanks guys, i'll get it a try . the only thing i must change on it is the shaft to 1/4'' it s 3/16th now.

Latest posts

Back