About time..........................

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark the 1475 was 2.9"

LE pitch = speed.........................

5" would be nice.....................

2.7"or 2.8" DIA would work good

NO BIG TE CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just some on the tip................

V CUT..........................

BACK TO GAS PROPS ON A NITRO RIGGER???????????????????

Terry I think thy can work for record trials with the right setup.............................................

With the first setup with nothing under the back of the boat. Thy showed great potential in flat water.

Now if thy had more rake thy would be perfect with this setup..............................

Mark the 1475 was 2.9"

LE pitch = speed.........................

5" would be nice.....................

2.7"or 2.8" DIA would work good

NO BIG TE CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just some on the tip................

V CUT..........................

BACK TO GAS PROPS ON A NITRO RIGGER???????????????????
2.9" must be a typo David. The L.E. on the 1475 is 3.9".

Good for 95 mph at the RPM you have been talking about.

double checked it 2.910" / 73.9mm Dia......................LE is 3.9...............

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just got back from testing today. Wind was blowing 25MPH gust and 6" chop on the lake.

running a 1475 at 73.66mm or 2.9" throttle it any way I want pops right off at any speed 11" on the pipe. did not take a plug all day.

Still a little rich so as not to pop the plug. Revs are over the top...................

NEVER has this boat run this good in any water......................let alone this slop.

The X2 setup is the BOMB........................

90 deg exits out of the turns and popping off like a dart into the wind...............

I will say now that this eng hands down has way more power than my best 1.01 build up.

If you that have seen my boat run with the 1.01 thought it ran like a top fuel altered drag car.

YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET.......

LETS RUMBLE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

O and that's on 50% nitro...........................

Well just got back from testing today. Wind was blowing 25MPH gust and 6" chop on the lake.

running a 1475 at 73.66mm or 2.9" throttle it any way I want pops right off at any speed 11" on the pipe. did not take a plug all day.

Still a little rich so as not to pop the plug. Revs are over the top...................

NEVER has this boat run this good in any water......................let alone this slop.

The X2 setup is the BOMB........................

90 deg exits out of the turns and popping off like a dart into the wind...............

I will say now that this eng hands down has way more power than my best 1.01 build up.

If you that have seen my boat run with the 1.01 thought it ran like a top fuel altered drag car.

YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET.......

LETS RUMBLE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

O and that's on 50% nitro...........................
awesome Dave !! Bringing my standard junk to the race and see whats up . Start building those engines En Masse and retire !!

Only if TOM........only if.....................

As usual it will probably blow up the week end before the race................LOL

It is packed away till then...........................................

Well poor MAX had a bad day........................
default_sad.png

The new prop and eng set up did him in................

Race is in two weeks so lots of work to do before next week end to test again.

The New ABC 38 BAR prop is very fast and handles great......Just to much rake.

Pulls the front end up .................It is manageable at most with the X2 setup as there is nothing in the water but fin ,prop and rudder.

But it will take off when stretched out at the end of the straits if you have to much head wind.

Acceleration is killer and cornering is killer also as the boat is out of the water hanging on the fin.

It is a sight to behold for sure...................

17 deg rake I think will be the sweet spot with this prop...................

Well of to the shop for a major brake down and repair.....................

DSCN2934.JPG

DSCN2935.JPG

Well poor MAX had a bad day........................
default_sad.png

The new prop and eng set up did him in................

Race is in two weeks so lots of work to do before next week end to test again.

The New ABC 38 BAR prop is very fast and handles great......Just to much rake.

Pulls the front end up .................It is manageable at most with the X2 setup as there is nothing in the water but fin ,prop and rudder.

But it will take off when stretched out at the end of the straits if you have to much head wind.

Acceleration is killer and cornering is killer also as the boat is out of the water hanging on the fin.

It is a sight to behold for sure...................

17 deg rake I think will be the sweet spot with this prop...................

Well of to the shop for a major brake down and repair.....................
too bad because it is easy flew up then spin over what cause not propery on turn fin ! reason not level too low strut . good luck!

Allen ,I think that with some more strut angle it will calm down some at the end of the straits.

NEW BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................... not yet have to figure this all out first............

Andy and I have bin talking and a new boat will be made when I am done testing........................

It is hell on a boat diving in a turn at the speeds I am going......................

Not to mention fly off at the end of the straits and buoy hops..................LOL

This aint no record trials boat.........Its a battle wagon.................lets rumble...............................

Should be over 13lbs after this round of repairs...........................................
default_ohmy.png

Have to thank my buddy Julian for the 8gal of nitro for testing....................
default_sleep.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I will need it for two more weeks........................

You can get them from ABC or there distributors as it is a in production prop.

The best part is the trailing edge has plenty of cup to grind out to get what you need.

No bending needed to add cup as it has more than you will need to start.

I did this one with 6.5 cup for the first test.

Could have use a little more as it was a little gergly ....needed a little more load.................

Mark knows what is needed to get it where you want.

I don't know how it will run on most riggers as this Eagle X2 setup is different than others out there at the moment.

Props perform different with the clean rear setup. It may not work the same on a low rear sponson setup.

The reason is the props stays hooked up in the rough with the rake as this pulls the prop in the water not letting it pop out.

Remember this set up has no crutch in the back to prop the boat up. with the small rear sponsons up level with the bottom of the tub the prop is in control. That and the new X2 wings lock the boat level at the back. there is no down force from the wings to hold the prop in place. High lift props tend pop and unload as the water hits the low hung standard sponsons. some think it is the boat slapping the tub so thy raise the tub height. when it is the rears slapping the water or the ski as some have as a crutch.

NO crutch on this set up. as the boat goes threw the corners it dose not have the rears slapping on wakes and disturbing the tracking of the boat or the lift from it slapping on the boat.

The rake pulls the front up in the corners and the strut angle pushes the back up. The boat is on the fin , prop and ruder in the corners. IT is literally flying threw the corners.........................You have to see it to under stand................

It drives totally different than any thing I have drove. It goes where you want. No hooking and swapping ends with to much rudder input. also in the turns it stays on track in the rough.

Remember there is nothing in the water but the prop and rudder in the back now. The drive tube is why up out of the way and the strut angle puts the strut out of the water. It is flying on the prop in rough water not bouncing off the rears. or held tight with down force with the rears.

The rake is the trick to get it right for the set up . To much it will blow off to little it will not hook up as good.

Strut adjustments are just a compromise for the wrong prop as I see it.

The only reason for the small rears is to break the suction on launch. after it is up on the prop it can be run slow as the suction is broken.

It took me some blind faith in what Andy told me. I almost cut this crap off at first..................GLAD I stuck it out and kept testing now.

Two more weeks then its on the shelf for awhile. The Vector has bin calling my name........................LOL

David,

The only problem now is you need the carbon tub version from CMDi?

I told you that this propeller would most likely do what you wanted to do.

You have told me for years you want to go 100+ MPH with a heat race boat right?

You are getting closer to your wish I think? You have got to learn like myself about the

On Board Throttle Management System. Less index finger on the throttle trigger.

Max looks sad broken so fix him up and I will fix you up another production 38 B.A.R.

Propeller to make Max happy again.

Thanks For Sharing David,

Mark Sholund

Latest posts

Back