7.5 Hawk

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guys :)

I did try and do the best I could in the time frame I had. I still will change the mounting brackets in the radio box, right now they are aluminum they will be changed to CF Thanks to Ryon Shaw for hooking me up with enough to mount all my servos :) . Thanks to Waltr for hooking me up with a Failsafe :) . I do have a simple question, atleast I hope its simple. I am going to run the boat after work today I was planning on trying either 40% or 50% nitro, does anyone have an idea which would be better to use? Just a reminder the engine is an OPS45 with OPS6280 pipe with internal stinger ( Thanks to Terry Keeley's guidance on the stinger :) ) (pipe is set a little long but if needed will be cut down(its at 9 3/4 right now)) I am going to try and run a 1457 prop. Thank you Don Ferrette for all your Help with painting to everything else and Mark Sholund for all the prop and everything else questions, please forgive me if I didn't mention your name I appreciate what everyone has done to try and help me finish this boat :)

Thanks Again ,

Paul

Ohhh not you Dirty :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys :)

I did try and do the best I could in the time frame I had. I still will change the mounting brackets in the radio box, right now they are aluminum they will be changed to CF Thanks to Ryon Shaw for hooking me up with enough to mount all my servos :) . Thanks to Waltr for hooking me up with a Failsafe :) . I do have a simple question, atleast I hope its simple. I am going to run the boat after work today I was planning on trying either 40% or 50% nitro, does anyone have an idea which would be better to use? Just a reminder the engine is an OPS45 with OPS6280 pipe with internal stinger ( Thanks to Terry Keeley's guidance on the stinger :) ) (pipe is set a little long but if needed will be cut down(its at 9 3/4 right now)) I am going to try and run a 1457 prop. Thank you Don Ferrette for all your Help with painting to everything else and Mark Sholund for all the prop and everything else questions, please forgive me if I didn't mention your name I appreciate what everyone has done to try and help me finish this boat :)

Thanks Again ,

Paul

Ohhh not you Dirty :)
Paul,

Nice boat. Good luck testing today. I would start with 40% during break-in and setting the pipe.

Bill

Looks good Paul! :)

Either 40 or 50% will work well till you get it running smooth, don't blow the motor up trying to go fast if the boat isn't right. If you're under 6 lbs. you're good.

Have Fun! :D

Tonight was maiden voyage and the boat ran great, in my opinion. It does need a little tweaking here and there but that was to be expected. otherwise all that really went wrong was the internal stinger I made got blown right out of the pipe.

Thanks again all

Paul :)

Am trying to get a muffler for tomorrows race and will make a stinger if I cant get one.

Hi all,

Well this weekends race for me could have been better but I am happy my 7.5 came home without a scratch, and if ya know the way I run that is an accomplishment in itself :) . 1st heat boat was really slobbery rich and even leaning third channel all the way i still ran out of fuel in the last lap in the back stretch(10oz tank). 2nd heat was still running a little too rich and boat died in front of me turned hard left to avoid the boat and my boat died. 3rd heat was the best heat boat ran good and last lap got really funny lost power but kept running and did finish the heat ( but something happened somewhere because the boat wouldn't shut down with controller like it should will be checking that out). I did find out the the rear end of my boat is way off, I was told the rear sponson AOA should be like .5 - 1. my AOA by looking at it I was told is about 5 (that explains the hopping I was getting). Ohhhh I need to Thank Steve Wood for hooking me up with a muffler in my time of need, You are the Man Thank You !!! between now and the next race which is badgers in 2 weeks I will go thru and rework a few things and have David Preusse Table my boat and explain why he does what he does and how it effects the ride of the boat. So if all goes well my boat with the Help of some really great boat people will be better than it already is , Thanks again everyone I really love this hobby ( winning isn't everything to me having fun is whats important to me).

Paul

ps. I did take some pics, I will add a link to them when I get them loaded. :)

Here is the link to the pitures I took, sorry I didnt get alot.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.p...=886&page=1

10oz!!!! I run 10 oz in my 20 boats.......I have to run 14oz in my MAC45 SP40 if I want to start with the clock. If I hold my start to 1 minute left on the clock, I can get by with ~12oz.

Great 1st outing, though! Check for air leaks around the carb. Also check the trottle linkage to make sure it is still openning and the way, and not openning back up slightly when you shut it down.

I am using the 10oz tank that I believe was designed for the 7.5 Hawk, I did talk with Mike Z about it and he did confirm it was that size (Mike Z did make this tank). I also talked with David Preusse and he said he runs 10oz and usually uses 8oz during a race. With only 7 tanks of fuel ran thru the boat since its build I am really happy with it, I am glad that my little Malfunction wasn't major. I will go thru and check everything and make sure I have blue loctited everything. I also today think I start figuring out how I want to make a stand, and a new starting box. My old stand and starting box are all in one and thats all for my.12 and its really a pain dragging that around with the bigger boat and setting the bigger boat on a table.

Thanks again Everyone for all your Help :)

Paul

Hi all,

I reformatted my computer monday and lost all my email address's please email me so i can add your email addie back into my book.

Thanks Paul

[email protected]

p.s. even if we havn't comunicated via email before and would like to I will be happy to add your addie to my addie book.

Hi all,

I reformatted my computer Monday and lost all my email address's please email me so i can add your email addie back into my book.

Thanks Paul

[email protected]

p.s. even if we haven't communicated via email before and would like to I will be happy to add your addie to my addie book.

Hi all,

Just wanted to say "Thank You" again for all the help everyone has given me :)

Here are some pictures of the boat I built, these pic's are the way it was raced. Please let me know if you see anything that looks wrong? I know my AOA on the rears is too much and I think the rudder is still a little long, ohhh and I will trim the spar so it is closer to the turn fin.

Thanks,

Paul

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?automo...si&img=1217

Paul, the boat looks great, I am impressed. Has the prop been worked? It looks bag stock? what prop is it?

~James

Thanks,

The Prop was balanced and sharpened, just not polished it is a 1457. I did get a 1455 and I also have a 1462 which is probably too big but I may try and back cut it and see if it will work? Ya know I might go ahead and have a prop for this boat done by someone that actually knows what they are doing, it could actually help.

Paul

Hi all,

I was wondering how does everyone get the correct AOA on the sponsons. What I need to know is how to measure the angle so I can attach at the correct angle. Is there any special tools that I will need and if so do they cost alot of money? Please Help.

Thanks,

Paul

I need to reset my rears and would like to check the angle of the fronts.

Hi all,

I was wondering how does everyone get the correct AOA on the sponsons. What I need to know is how to measure the angle so I can attach at the correct angle. Is there any special tools that I will need and if so do they cost alot of money? Please Help.

Thanks,

Paul

I need to reset my rears and would like to check the angle of the fronts.

i got a digital level from sears for $40.... come on over.... or id suggest using blocks like the diagram in the firefighter building instructions.

Hi all,

was wondering what everyone uses to remove double sided tape from the rear sponsons, after they are removed from tub ya know all the crap still stuck to the tub and sponsons.

Thanks ,

Paul

Thanks Steve,

I am using KlassKote paint, but what I did and it work pretty well was a heat gun. Heat up just warm a little hot still be able to handle it for sure then just push off with thumb don't try and scrap off with your fingernail, you will think its not working. Only took a minute or 2 per side.

Thanks Again for the info, I will be doing this again in the future and will definitely try your technique.

Paul

Back