7.5 Hawk

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering what size battery pack to use in the boat, I use a 4 cell AAA 700nimh in my .12 will that size work? I figured I would be going with 4 cells sub c 1800-2400 nicd does this sound correct?

Thanks Paul

Paul,

5 cell NIMH 1100s will work fine for you.

The 6 volt pack will give your servos a little added strength.That never hurts.

Also check out the hump back packs.They take up less floor space.

I have been looking at battery packs tonight the aa & aaa are a little too long for what I would want (yes the weight of them is great but the are too long) would this be ok 5C/ELITE1500A/Brick/22AWG Wire/Hitec male these are 1.13 x .66 (the aa & aaa are 1.95 x .56 and those are the only one over 1000mah everything else is 700mah or less) ???

Thanks Paul

Paul,

I run a 5 cell hump back 1400mah Nimh pack in my 45SGX. 6 volts give you more servo power along with in being very compact.

Bill

This Morning I ordered some primer for the boat, I hadn't used primer on the last boat but after talking with Don F last night I would rather try and do the painting part right the first time . So I wont be able to start painting until Tuesday now, oh well gotta do what I gotta do I want a little quality over quantity. Thanks everyone for all the information Yesterday in Chat it help alot :)

Thanks again to Everyone,

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I just got my first coat of primer applied to the boat, it could look better (there are some spots of the boat that could use a little attention). I think I will just keep moving forward and let them ride (its a couple of spots that there is a little epoxy lip or bump and on the top of one of the sponson the balsa has a little ding) this is a heat boat and it will prob get a war wound or something just from me driving. I think I will build my own RX pack I have 10 aaa 700mah cells and I could make up 2 5 cell packs with them, does this sound like a good plan?

Thanks ,

Paul

Hi All,
I just got my first coat of primer applied to the boat, it could look better (there are some spots of the boat that could use a little attention). I think I will just keep moving forward and let them ride (its a couple of spots that there is a little epoxy lip or bump and on the top of one of the sponson the balsa has a little ding) this is a heat boat and it will prob get a war wound or something just from me driving. I think I will build my own RX pack I have 10 aaa 700mah cells and I could make up 2 5 cell packs with them, does this sound like a good plan?

Thanks ,

Paul
last one i built caught fire on way to the pond. i let someone else do em now

for the 20 - 25 dollars it ain't worth the time and money.

this is one thing i wouldn't short change yourself on.

chris

for the 20 - 25 dollars it ain't worth the time and money.
this is one thing i wouldn't short change yourself on.

chris
I have been using four AA Lithium Energizers in my smaller boats. I test them frequently and they seem to hold their charge for a whole race weekend. Any problem with that in a larger rigger?

You want to use the 5 cells for 6 volts to get the maximum torque out of your sterring that is especially needed in bigger boats. Paul if you need rec pack I sell 5 cell 1100's assembled with battery bars insted of wire for 18.00 shipped.

These are some pics of my build to this point, Thank you everyone that has help me along the way. :)

Paul

Sorry guys I spaced out , this is the link for the pics. http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?automo...si&img=1201

Just for curiosity sake how much does a D hydro generally weigh? I figure I am a little heavy but my digital scale wont weigh it so I am not sure how heavy I actually am.

Thanks Again Everyone for all you Help and Generosity :)

Paul

p.s. I will cut spar down closer to the fin when I know for sure its set correctly.

Back