2015 IMPBA Gas Nationals, Rochester NY July 16th-19th

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have just over a month ago until the NATs. There is sure to be some great racing, and evenings in a few weeks. There are just a few friendly reminders and information that I want to share.

For those that are bringing campers, the campers must stay out of the pit area. There is a parking lot 100 yards from the driving stand and also a large field above the pit area that will be designated for campers. We will have people directing you where to go to cut down on the confusion. Right now I believe we have about 15 campers. The bar is open late so I am sure you guys will have a blast.

There is to be NO alcohol to be brought onto the site. The bar is well stocked and they let us run and race at the pond for supporting the restaurant so please respect this rule. Obviously there is no alcohol allowed during racing.

The restaurant will be setting up a station where we are racing to serve daily lunches. They are working on a menu that will be friendly for the racers and their staff for time restrictions. I will post a menu when it is finalized. This will also be handed out when you sign in. Two words for you all. Garbage Plate.

Open water will start around noon on Wednesday. If it starts to get crowded we will have controlled open water. 6 boaters will have 5 minutes to test. After the 5 minutes the next group will go. So on and so on. This will keep from having too many boats on the water and also allow the club to pick up dead boats without them sitting in the water for a prolonged period.

That's it for now I am sure I will post more reminders. Any questions or concerns please contact me.

Matt Schofield

That's right Phil - Rochester is known for it's Garbage Plates. Carey Lake's restaurant (where the Nats is being held) has one of the best around. Had one last Sunday! t&c

Was at Carey Lake with a group of guys two weeks ago, fantastic place to run. If you need help with the restaurant's menu, just order BBQ, was really good. Both the wife and I left the table about to burst. If the cats I saw run are anywhere as good during the racing as they were that day, some of you are going to be in serious trouble because they were screaming across the water
default_biggrin.png

BTW, many thanks to the guys I ran with, the day was a lot of fun
default_smile.png

One week to go. Can't believe its upon us already. The weather looks great (knock on wood) for some awesome boat racing! A few updates....

Campers please advise that there are NO hookups!!!! It was advertised from day one this way so if you need to re fill your camper or empty it out there is a camp site 10 minutes from the site. It is called twilight on the erie. They do offer full hook ups if anyone would like to stay there. website is..... http://www.twilightrv.com/rates.html.

Thursday night after racing if you like wings stick around its .60 cent wing night. If you like them barbecued or hot Carey Lake makes some great wings! Friday is the banquet.
The restaurant is bringing a grill down during the race to serve lunch from noon-whenever. They will be grilling up hotdogs, hamburgers, Italian Sausages and have chips for sale. They will also have water and soda for sale. That's it for now. Travel Safe everyone and see you in a few days.

Back