2015 Fall Nats in Charleston

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kudos to the CMB for attempting to get the site in working order in such a quick turn around.

Any word on Joes house? Are all of them ok?

To All CMB Members - thanks for all you have done and will do to get the site ready for the Fall Nats. We will add to the donation hat when we get there.

Tom & Cindy

Gang,

Many thanks for the kind words. Been a long 12 hr day and will be at it tomorrow. Progress was made but a long list of things to do. The place will not look the same as it was in the past. 80% of the trees suffered great damage and had to be removed. Broken off limbs, some very big, are still hung up high in the trees, A 24' bucket truck is coming in tomorrow to get them out. The building has suffered substantial damage as well. All of the PA system was torn up and has to be replaced. The electrical system to the building will have to be replaced as well. However we will get it into decent shape to host the race.

Offers to help financially are most kind. The best way we could use help is for those that are kind enough to do so, is to sponsor an class or two for the race awards. Each class set of awards is $75, I will set up a new thread for this very purpose with each of the classes we are having. The funds that were going to be used for the awards now need to go towards the rebuilding costs. But the classes must be sponsored by Tuesday evening so the final order for the awards will go in NLT Wednesday. This needs to be done quickly. Please consider it to help us out.

Thanks Don for posting the pics..

We have lost about 90% of the original trees. More had to be removed as the damage was just too much for them to recover. Lost is the excellent shade canopies that the trees provided for us. Final grading will be done in the next couple of days. A lot of heavy equipment was brought in to get it done and we did. A near miracle.

No time to get the roof on the building so we are putting up railings and will erect a temporary cover on the CD tower. It is just all of the time we have before the race.

Chase boat repaired and running good.

Dock repaired and ready. A lot of debris in the water too.

Chain link fence took several hits but still intact. Will have to replace a top rail.

Our lake site was at the very western edge of the tornado. If that edge was directly across the lake to the east, we would have been missed completely, that is just how close it was to missing us. Joe and his property suffered no damage.

I cannot thank you all enough for the very kind .help for us to get this place into shape and the funds to help out with the sponsorships. We are indebted to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gang,

Many thanks for the kind words. Been a long 12 hr day and will be at it tomorrow. Progress was made but a long list of things to do. The place will not look the same as it was in the past. 80% of the trees suffered great damage and had to be removed. Broken off limbs, some very big, are still hung up high in the trees, A 24' bucket truck is coming in tomorrow to get them out. The building has suffered substantial damage as well. All of the PA system was torn up and has to be replaced. The electrical system to the building will have to be replaced as well. However we will get it into decent shape to host the race.

Offers to help financially are most kind. The best way we could use help is for those that are kind enough to do so, is to sponsor an class or two for the race awards. Each class set of awards is $75, I will set up a new thread for this very purpose with each of the classes we are having. The funds that were going to be used for the awards now need to go towards the rebuilding costs. But the classes must be sponsored by Tuesday evening so the final order for the awards will go in NLT Wednesday. This needs to be done quickly. Please consider it to help us out.
John please forward the info to Make Payments to sponsor classes. PP or mail in??

Gang,

John please forward the info to Make Payments to sponsor classes. PP or mail in??
Hey Joe, John's Paypal info is in this post-

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=65766&p=644532

default_smile.png

Everyone planning on coming for the race, please listen up. A frontal weather low pressure system is offshore and pounding us with heavy rain, forecasts are for 6-14" into Sunday afternoon then clearing up nicely for the week. What that means we cannot get the CD tower and the PA rebuilt until Sunday through Tuesday. Final grading of the site needs to be completed as well. Since we must get this work completed, there will be NO open water on Tuesday at all, no exceptions. Open water is planned to start on Wednesday. We will try to get the grading finished by Tuesday morning so those coming in could possibly set up their trailers. Stay tuned as I will issue advisories as we progress. Cooperation is needed by everyone.

If for any reason that your plans have changed and cannot attend the race, PLEASE e mail me at [email protected] I am starting to work on the final race setup and heat structure now and need to know if anyone is not able to attend. Thanks.

Its Amazing you guys dont consider moving the race 2 weeks back. You guys have done a Gallant effort to recover from the Tornado last weekend. We have supported your race & classses. But it is Not Good Practice to Head to a state that the local Goverment & Schools are closed today Due to the local flooding & FEMA is setting Up Now........ My local weather shows you will receive a additional 14-16 inches of Rain in the next 3 days...... This is Just my Opnion.. it is Not a Suggestion. I can handle my own Business.... & decide what i need to do...... Thanks for all you Efforts.. But Mother Nature is in the Lead Coming around Buoy 6.

Back