2015 Fall Nats in Charleston

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to the CMBC for hosting another great Fall Nats. All pulled together to make it a class event despite the adverse conditions preceding the event (tornado torrential rains and flooding). Had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones. Looking forward to next year!

Tom & Cindy

Great time and super people !! All heats were completed despite a 3 hour delay on Saturday . Killer racing and just a great time . Some problems hurt me bad in some classes but new battle plan in the works for the Nitro Nationals in Brandon . Thanks CMB for a great time !!
Dude you mean I could of takin you this year lol!

Great time and super people !! All heats were completed despite a 3 hour delay on Saturday . Killer racing and just a great time . Some problems hurt me bad in some classes but new battle plan in the works for the Nitro Nationals in Brandon . Thanks CMB for a great time !!
Dude you mean I could of takin you this year lol!

Yes, his plan moving forward is to not prep his boats on the drive to the race
default_tongue.png
Thrashing Foley!!!

Great race! Great Racing! Congrats to ALL of the winners! The Charleston club did an AWESOME job of putting their site back together after being ravished by a tornado.

The weather was almost perfect aside from the short rain delay.

Can't wait till next year!

You can always expect great nitro competition at this race and it draws the best from all over. It was no different this year.

Neat to finally meet a guy I had read about for a long time - Kentley Porter.

Neat to finally meet a guy I had read about for a long time - Kentley Porter.
Kentley is a VERY knowledgeable boater & a good guy to boot (-; !! If you two were to team up.....
I always enjoy people that are interested in the "WHY'S" of our sport. I really enjoy conversations with Stan Simpson, Jr, Andy Brown, John Finch and others who also like to talk about the why's.
default_smile.png

Great effort to put this race on, congrats to CMB !!!!

I had a good time as always at this race and finished up pretty well also.

Thanks to Marty Davis for his help and "NEW" prop, and Andy Brown figuring out a couple things I was struggling with, great people.

Yes , yes and yes . Good seeing you and Paula as always , wish we had more time to watch hockey and kill some Molsons buddy !!

On to the next Nitro Thrash !!

The CMB club cannot say thanks and gratitude enough to all that supported us in hosting this race. The site looked like a bomb went off just 2 weeks before the race Then the epic rains and floods that followed the next week that made getting to the lake was one of a kind as well. But we pulled through with the help of many members, friends and family, then coupled with the incredible support from the racing community, from those that did come and those that could not, is beyond description. Nothing short of a miracle really. But we all did it and hosted an outstanding Fall Nationals. About 95% of those registered still came to the race.

Special thanks are for the award sponsorships and donations to the club for financial support. They are listed under a different thread under that subject.

Much was done to repair the facility but much is still needed to get us back to the shape we want to host future races. Mark Sholund provided free props for the class winners for B Tunnel, Sport B Tunnel, B Hydro, D Hydro, and 2 props of choice for the raffle.

Additional thanks are for the raffle sponsors and are:

A/A Engines - Al Hobbs

Virginia Craftsman - Dick Tyndall

Props 4 U - Mark Sholund

Tanks 2 U - Walt Barney

Assault Racing Boats - Scott Adams

CMB/Crapshooter Boats - Stu Barr

NovaRossi Marine USA - Ron Shaw

VenomCC Racing - Wayne Farrow

CMB Club

The Twin Rigger Shootout Championship was an all nitro affair this year. The qualifiers for the shootout was Stu Barr, Mark Bullard, Josh Black, Gary "Doc" Turner, Larry Beals and Nub Kopisca. Stu was the winner and is now the first two time winner for the Championship - BIG congrats to him for an outstanding effort.

After conferring with Stu, the Fall Nationals starting a new tradition like he does for the Indy Masters at Hobart - the bonehead of the day award. There were 4 awarded during the race with purple towels and were given to Nub Kopisca, Jerry Yarn, John Knight and Stu Barr. We all had the proud duty of wearing then for the remainder of the race. Stu noted that he is the first two time awardee of the bonehead award, once at Hobart and once at the Fall Nationals. Many thanks to Bruce Jacobs for getting them made and shipped for the race.

Now is the time for some rest and family time - been very little for a quite a while.

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back