2015 Fall Nats in Charleston

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

Main Rd is still closed and will be through tomorrow. The alternate driving directions through James Island to Johns Island is very heavy so one of the 2 roads (the primary one no less) coming into Johns Island is out. News broadcast hopes that it will be open Thursday. My real concern is for Friday - Sunday.

John
Ok so to keep it simple, what is the way in from 95 south?

Post 110 gives the local driving directions. Portion of I-95 southbound has been closed and traffic rerouted. What I am seeing is a diversion from I-95S to I-20W, to I-77S and then to I-26 E which takes you into Charleston. Or I-95 to go further south. Just have to follow the signs.

Post 110 gives the local driving directions. Portion of I-95 southbound has been closed and traffic rerouted. What I am seeing is a diversion from I-95S to I-20W, to I-77S and then to I-26 E which takes you into Charleston. Or I-95 to go further south. Just have to follow the signs.
Well post 110 says nothing about I-26 but rather I-526 so I guess I'll wing it. Got your number in my cell phone, be prepared for a possible where the #$%* am I phone call in about 7 hours.
default_biggrin.png

SCDOT: Storm Resources

The South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) has reopened portions of I-95 in the following areas:

• The section of the detour south of the I-95 bridges over the Black and Pocotaglio Rivers: I-95 can be reopened at Exit 119 (SC 261). All south bound ramps will be opened to the south all the way to I-26.

• For the section of the detour north of the I-95 bridges, I-95 North from Exit 132 (SC 527) northbound and all northbound ramps can be opened all the way to I-20.

• For LOCAL TRAFIC ONLY: The following portions of I-95 may re-opened to local emergency agencies and vehicles carrying relief supplies:

• I-95 Northbound from Exit 90 (US 176) to Exit 119 (SC 261) in Manning for LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY. I-95 will remain closed to all traffic at Exit 119.

• I-95 Southbound from Exit 157 (US 76) to Exit 132 (SC 527) for LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY. I-95 will remain closed to all traffic at Exit 132

• Through traffic will continues to detour with Northbound traffic using I-26 west to I-77 north, to I-20 east, to I-95 north.

• Southbound through traffic will continue to use I-20 west, to I-77 south to 1-26 east to I-95 south.

SCDOT is actively evaluating I-95 for more re-openings. The review of the bridges over the Black and Pocotaglio Rivers was completed earlier Tuesday and cannot be re-opened at this time. An review will be conducted on Wednesday afternoon or early Thursday morning.
The Charleston Police Department has announced the following roads are closed/open due to flooding:

Due to the continued flow of flood water on Main Road, coupled with the projected high tide, Main Road at US Hwy 17 to Main Road and River Road in Charleston County will remain closed Tuesday evening and Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to the CMBC for coming together after the tornado and huge amounts of rain to have the race site in as good as a condition as it is.

Tom & Cindy

This is a wonderful racing site. Lots of room, good drivers' stand, great water.

Al Hobbs

Set up and ready to do some racing. Awesome site. What a job this club has done in the wake of what this site has been through. There are two john boats next to me just wadded up.

Hitting the road in a couple of hours! Looking forward to a relaxing weekend at the boat races! Yes relaxing! Bring one mildly tuned (low nitro) F hydro.

Once again a first class event , thanks to all the CMB club members for all you went through to put the race on shows the Class act you are.

I had a great time, great racing, and great fellowship. See you next year.

Greg Rowe

Hats off to John Knight and CMB for pulling together through a lot of diversity to hold this race. Thanks to the cooperation of the racers to assist in CD, turn judge, retrieve boat, and pit boss duties, I think the race was a huge success. Weather was awesome except for an hour or so on Sat, and early Sun am. Thanks guys for such a great event and also to Joe Tumbleston and crew for their hospitality, the use or their property, and all of the obvious hard work they performed to get the site cleared of downed trees and ready for this race. Already looking forward to next year!!!...
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Great time and super people !! All heats were completed despite a 3 hour delay on Saturday . Killer racing and just a great time . Some problems hurt me bad in some classes but new battle plan in the works for the Nitro Nationals in Brandon . Thanks CMB for a great time !!

Latest posts

Back