1983 Miss Renault build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scrap all the boat pics, show us the background machinery, dont tease us!! lol
default_rolleyes.gif
a Crosley? really ??

Last edited by a moderator:
COLOR!!!!!!!! Boat should be home tomorrow night for assembly. More thrashing Friday then off to tri cities 4 am Saturday.

069.JPG

070.JPG

071.JPG

072.JPG

073.JPG

074.JPG

075.JPG

076.JPG

077.JPG

078.JPG

078.JPG

I go to PETCO and purchase their baby bottle feeders for infant animals. I only use the nipples. lol They are awesome you only drill a hole small enough to pull the nipple through and when you do it creates a very tight seal. No glue or sealant needed. I change them out at the end of the season and put in new ones. Something I learned from Brian Lepinski. sometimes i will put a dab of grease around the x cut on the tip to make the servo rod move smother

Here is an actual peice of the deck from the 83 Miss Renault and the story straight from Jerry Schoenith this is a copy and paste message from my Facebook, directly from Jerry on this piece.

Since your dog is doing better so here is some good. A Priority Mail small box will arrive on Thursday. I pray you are the right fan to give this one of a kind piece of hydroplane history. I have kept it to remind me that as the owner the U-3 Miss Renault elf the only unlimited in history to win the UIM APBA World Championship competing against 17 other boats that were from America, Canada, Australia, Italy, and France. At the time I had the boat built, cost was starting to go of control. So The U-3 was built out of layers of wood. That is how I one the race in Texas, all the U-boats broke and we were like the little train. During the year of course the owners ***** that the boat was not safe, but it went on to brake every record for an Alison powered Unlimited. Took a third at the Seafair, race and in 1983 we had a lot of boats to race. Jim Lucero that person that designed the boat of the future ,Atlas Van Lines,
was given the task to inspect the boat. The first thing he did was drill a whole in the deck to see inside. This piece will now be in your hands. It is the last item I have like this. By the way the fuel take was not only behind the driver it was under and around him. Did they *****, but after we told them it was the same blatter that car racing, Renault F1 used so they had to let us go. Do you know that My Miss Renault elf was stopped from going in the water in Try-cities because we would not use their old fashion 13 foot host. SO I am proud to say my Miss Renault elf was the first U-boat to use straps. They said they were not safe, so I said two things, we will not races, or read the inspection sheet that shows the straps would lift three boats. Got my way again. Every time I have come in with something new they fight me. Did you know that I am the one that came up with the wood, Hydro Mart or Hydromart? In 1984 I wanted to put a tent for a Renault charity party behind the Detroit grandstands and they said no. So in those days tickets were $25.00 each. So I went to Renault and Jeep and told them about the committee. Then they gave me a check for 25% of the grandstand seats, $25,000 got the first corporate tent in what is now called the Hydro Mart. Have fun, I am, Keep looking for how my Miss Dig Marina District Festival of Water. is going. Do they run RC boats in the Detroit area? Call 811 Before You Dig mydetroitstory.com

048.JPG

on your fuel tank door, to keep from picking up water, tape all sides, then on the drain hole, take a piece of radio box tape about 1 1/2 long that has been folded sticky to sticky, leaving about 1/3 of it sticky. , then tape it just in front of the hole making a flap that will drop down exposing the hole, when running, it will keep the water from picking up into the hole and will allow any that accumulates to drain. hope this helps.

Dan

Here are some photos courtesy of Chris Denslow. Definetly had a case of the new boat blues. However considering I was doing final assembly at the lake I am very pleased. Had a lot of help from fellow racers thank you all. Going to install a sump tank and this should cure the problem. Can't wait for the next race.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back