1983 Miss Renault build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, What Dave said.
default_biggrin.png

It is far from excellent, Like I said in first post, this is my first build and have learned many do's and dont's. But the main thing is, I am having a blast doing it. I appreciate all of the posotive feedback and more pics to come as she gets closer and closer to completion.
default_smile.png

Joey, I see you drilled the holes for the rudder bracket. Did you do the same for the skid fin, water lines and engine mounts?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is far from excellent, Like I said in first post, this is my first build and have learned many do's and dont's. But the main thing is, I am having a blast doing it. I appreciate all of the posotive feedback and more pics to come as she gets closer and closer to completion.
default_smile.png
havin a blast during my build as well Joey,

half the fun is screwing up the build and unscrewing it again...lol

20141113_170747.jpg

No water lines through hull, Water will come out of head right behind cowl kinda like a rigger. yes there is aluminum plates in transom for rudder and turn fin. Motor mount holes will go in soon, going to cut a small belly pan to drop motor another 1/4 inch then will set engine alignment and strut. Hopefully going to paint before Christmas. working on boat stand and lil details right now. Since the cowl is not here yet kinda at a lil stand still. Getting all the sawdust and debris cleaned up off the shop floor.

Lennard, Is that going to be a cowl plug? I want to learn how to make my own stuff out of fiberglass and carbon fiber.

hey Joey...this is a plug...

problem is, it creates a really long gestation period for my boats...the guys in our district make fun of how long my builds take, but at least i know the cowl is an exact match to the fullsize...so its worth it to me

Roy taught me how to do this and it's all about just gettin'er done...I'm amazed by Phil Thomas' mold work and others on this forum, so I am constantly asking questions (roy has been an amazing resource tbh)...let me know what you need and I'll do anything i can to help

plugs.jpg

plugs2.jpg

u50 001.JPG

clear 010.JPG

No water lines through hull, Water will come out of head right behind cowl kinda like a rigger. yes there is aluminum plates in transom for rudder and turn fin. Motor mount holes will go in soon, going to cut a small belly pan to drop motor another 1/4 inch then will set engine alignment and strut. Hopefully going to paint before Christmas. working on boat stand and lil details right now. Since the cowl is not here yet kinda at a lil stand still. Getting all the sawdust and debris cleaned up off the shop floor.
Does this mean your water intake line will run through the engine bay?

Here is a question, does anyne know the paintcode for the yellow? I have heard its corvette yellow but I'm looking for confirmation.

Why I asked about weight was it was looking to be eating too much of the holiday meals. If you get my drift. LOL

Mike

Latest posts

Back