Nomadio REACT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boris Mazor

Hi, Friends! Did anybody have expirience with NOMADIO REACT radio system?

How stable it works? Is 1000' range enough for RC boats? Thanks. Boris.

I run the radio, my open sight range is more then 3 miles, on the water iv never had it glitch. Better then dx2/3 or FASST radios.

Boris;

i have one in my 90 Insane mono and am going to install it in the 20 mono soon.

great radio

and the computer interface is fantastic.

i have never had any radio problems.

carl

p.s. it is also nice to be able to actually TALK to a factory guy if you need their expertise also. :)

My son and I have been using Nomadio for about a month. Love the onboard feedback, temp sensor and tach. Thought the tach would be invaluable but now the temp seems the best way to tune. 2 clicks on the needle and we see 10-20 degrees on the head water jacket temp. Has ports for 2 temp probes so if you ran twins you could really dial them in. You would know which engine was richer or leaner real time. My understanding is Nomadio makes the RC equipment for military drones, anyone else know anything about that? No range problems so far. Not cheap but then I recently saw a guy run his gas mono into a cement seawall with a $60 radio. He bragged about his mod 7hp motor, that really made a mess out of his hull. I have too much time building to use a cheap radio.

My son and I have been using Nomadio for about a month. Love the onboard feedback, temp sensor and tach. Thought the tach would be invaluable but now the temp seems the best way to tune. 2 clicks on the needle and we see 10-20 degrees on the head water jacket temp. Has ports for 2 temp probes so if you ran twins you could really dial them in. You would know which engine was richer or leaner real time. My understanding is Nomadio makes the RC equipment for military drones, anyone else know anything about that? No range problems so far. Not cheap but then I recently saw a guy run his gas mono into a cement seawall with a $60 radio. He bragged about his mod 7hp motor, that really made a mess out of his hull. I have too much time building to use a cheap radio.
Hi, friend! 100% agree with you. Cheap will pay twice! I have no experience to using a pistol grip radio....But I'm almost ready to get Nomadio and just needs to get enough to by it with three transivers.

Thanks for admiring my flow meter. Do you have more info to share with boaters? Thanks. Boris

Boris

I've been running a React for over a year, very very happy with the radio system no range problems, no glitches, nothing... I've just recently hooked up the temp sensors to my boat but yet to run it. It has provided great feedback with my monster truck which I've had all the sensors on from day one. Based on the comments above I can't wait to get the boat in the water now.

You will get the most out of it if you connect it to your PC as it's easier to setup that way, also hopefully Nomadio will one day release a data logger for it which will be great for tuning, etc. The potential for this radio is endless, one idea I would love to see would be to adjust the third channel automatically based on readings from the temp sensors, bit like a O2 sensor in a modern car.

Yes they do work for the military (they make the "Bombbot") which means us poor hobbyist suffer sometimes, but all in all a good company to deal with, even all the way down here in OZ.

Last edited by a moderator:
For all of the Nomadio users out there. I purchased the React system last week and have it setup in my Sprint Cat. I have a 3rd channel needle valve configuration for remote mixture adjustments. Question is how is everyone setting up the 3rd channel for the remote needle valve? I have the 3rd channel set as Trim mode and using the thumb wheel to adjust the trim setting. This setup will adjust the valve setting by adjusting the trim position on the 3rd channel and will save its location when the radio is turned off. But using this setup I am limited to about half of the servo travel. If I use the thumb wheel as toggle/hold I will get full range of servo movement but will not have the position saved in memory when the radio is turned off. Any pointers out there for the 3rd channel setup?

For all of the Nomadio users out there. I purchased the React system last week and have it setup in my Sprint Cat. I have a 3rd channel needle valve configuration for remote mixture adjustments. Question is how is everyone setting up the 3rd channel for the remote needle valve? I have the 3rd channel set as Trim mode and using the thumb wheel to adjust the trim setting. This setup will adjust the valve setting by adjusting the trim position on the 3rd channel and will save its location when the radio is turned off. But using this setup I am limited to about half of the servo travel. If I use the thumb wheel as toggle/hold I will get full range of servo movement but will not have the position saved in memory when the radio is turned off. Any pointers out there for the 3rd channel setup?
Duane, it is good to see you on IW!!!

Yeah folks, Duane's Nomadio radio seems to work really good for the short time he's been able to use it. I may be getting one myself soon.

Glenn

Boris or Glenn,

Where do you buy these radios at?

Web site information? Dealers?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Thanks Glenn, Been watch and learning for some time now.

The radios can be purchased at http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=120

The transmitter kits are available, but transceivers and sensors are in very short supply. I love the radio but looking back on my purchase I think I should have waited until Nomadio started resupplying their dealers with the individual components before I made my purchase. The dealers have had the items on backorder for more than 6 months. I hate to say this but Nomadio may drop the hobby aspect and pursue more valuable government contracts. I hope not but will be waiting patiently.

NOMADIO is staying with the hobby side of the industry. they are a gov't contractor and at times they have to go that way for their main bread and butter so to speak. they do have shipments out to a-main hobbies. they currently have the radio system in stock at a;main hobbies right now.

as far as the 3rd channel set up on my system. i use the thumb wheel for mixture. the main needle setting is set on the right side, i launch the boat then needle it up to where i want it.

there is a setting where you can set the little button to a desired position then use the thumbwheel for adjustment, but i just use it this way and it works great.

i really love the radio system. never has let me down and it is rock solid. i also use 5 cell transiever packs.

it is just too bad that NOMADIO didn't have a LASER addition to the transmitter up by the screen end,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

lets see, Tim is just ahead of me in the back straight, pull trigger to the 2nd click, where did Tims boat go? :lol: :lol: :lol:

get one and you will never go back to anything else.

carl

Isn't this the radio that has the big screen on top.

and is that is the radio that has the TILTED wheel?? is it hard to adjust to that vs a straight line wheel.. or can it be adjusted?

thanks

chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this the radio that has the big screen on top.
and is that is the radio that has the TILTED wheel?? is it hard to adjust to that vs a straight line wheel.. or can it be adjusted?

thanks

chris
No, I think you are talking about the Nomadio Sensor. The React uses an exsisting case ( I believe it is a Multiplex) and they just fit their electronics into it.

http://www.nomadio.net/hobby/sensor.php

sensor.jpg

react.jpg

The wheel mount can be rotated and the screen on top also swivels. It looks like a bulky radio until you hold it. Very light and well thought out. You can program all the buttons to your needs for function. I have purchased recievers and sensors directly from Nomadio and they were helpful on the phone also. Pricing was fair. As was stated there main interest is supplying Boeing and hobby radio's are not on the front burner. So far they are redily availiable.

Mic

While I was typing Duane posted pics. I am referring to the Sensor which is the more expensive of the two.

thanks for the info.

does it take certain servo plugs or do you order per your plug type.. or is it a universal thing.

chris

Anybody ever think of putting a probe on a pipe ? When 2 cycle kart racing we use to use head temp and exhaust gas temp witch was more accurate .

Ed

thanks for the info.
does it take certain servo plugs or do you order per your plug type.. or is it a universal thing.

chris
The transceiver is configured with a keyed servo plug like the Futaba. So it is universal and will except JR and Futaba style plugs.

Duane

nomadio_03.jpg

not too sure of the actual temp limit of the temp sensor. i guess it would all depend on where you wanted to mount it on the pipe.

carl

Latest posts

Back