zippkitt 12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

i'm building a zippkitt 12 for a friend , looking for ideas on how to fit every thing into the radio box , some pictures would really help....thanks....bob

Here is the one I just finished everything fits good the receiver is not in it at the moment but it fit nicely under the throttle cable on the right side of the tube

014.jpg

016.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

Hi I'm just finishing my JAE21 an I would be interested to hear how you finish and waterproof the radio box lid. I am more used to monos where there is a separate radio box with foam sealed plexiglass bolted down lid.

On my JAE21 I decided to put in two nylon plane wing bolts with rubber washer to hold the lid down. I will also run some silicone sealant around the lid lip and let it dry to make a seal. . When I run the boat I will use waterproof tape too just to be sure.

Would be interested to hear ideas for next time...

i'm building a zippkitt 12 for a friend , looking for ideas on how to fit every thing into the radio box , some pictures would really help....thanks....bob
My layout is similar to Johns except I use a smaller 200 mah Life battery and I velcro the receiver to the radio box lid.

Hi I'm just finishing my JAE21 an I would be interested to hear how you finish and waterproof the radio box lid. I am more used to monos where there is a separate radio box with foam sealed plexiglass bolted down lid.

On my JAE21 I decided to put in two nylon plane wing bolts with rubber washer to hold the lid down. I will also run some silicone sealant around the lid lip and let it dry to make a seal. . When I run the boat I will use waterproof tape too just to be sure.

Would be interested to hear ideas for next time...
Most just seal with epoxy and use tape vs. All the extra weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
My layout is similar to Johns except I use a smaller 200 mah Life battery and I velcro the receiver to the radio box lid.
Glad to hear you are using the 200's Tim L is selling me his Gens ace ones! I've been doing the receiver on the lid on every thing but not sure if it will fit in my mini tub:( I think the opening is only 5-6 inches for the radio box..

Glad to hear you are using the 200's Tim L is selling me his Gens ace ones! I've been doing the receiver on the lid on every thing but not sure if it will fit in my mini tub:( I think the opening is only 5-6 inches for the radio box..
I was skeptical since the 200 mah are so small but they have plenty of juice in the .12's for our one day three round events.

Tim It's Really important to use good tape. The #5 3M clear electrical tape is what most people use. You can find people selling it on this website.

Here is the one I just finished everything fits good the receiver is not in it at the moment but it fit nicely under the throttle cable on the right side of the tube
john , I really like the way you fit every thing together , thanks for the pics ,....bob

IMG_0330.JPGIMG_0331.JPGIMG_0332.JPGIMG_0333.JPG

Receiver Spectrum MR 200

Servos Zipp Kits 5001

Battery Orion ORI60502

Radio Switch Losi LOSB0897

Last edited by a moderator:
Back