Zippkits JAE 21 FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Smock

Just wanted to share a video of the maiden voyage of my JAE 21 FE from Zippkits.

This boat is built pretty much by the book and I used a UL-1 motor and ESC. I have some prop testing to do but I am LOVING THIS RIGGER!!!!!!

I know I was in the rudder too long, this is my first rigger, I'll do better. LOL The first time I turned the wheel I almost wet myself. :lol:

Many thanks to all of those involved in bringing this great boat to the hobby!!! B)

http://www.youtube.com/user/sdfe33#p/a/u/0/473lMp--HbM

Doug :D

Looks like you have something else to beat up on Trini and the gang with. :lol:

Lookin good Buddy.

Just wanted to share a video of the maiden voyage of my JAE 21 FE from Zippkits.

This boat is built pretty much by the book and I used a UL-1 motor and ESC. I have some prop testing to do but I am LOVING THIS RIGGER!!!!!!

I know I was in the rudder too long, this is my first rigger, I'll do better. LOL The first time I turned the wheel I almost wet myself. :lol:

Many thanks to all of those involved in bringing this great boat to the hobby!!! B)

http://www.youtube.com/user/sdfe33#p/a/u/0/473lMp--HbM

Doug :D

Very nice......Judging from the way the boat runs I would willing to bet you built the boat exactly per the instructions...... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck, The strut is buried in the ski and has approx. .5 to1 degree of negative.

Rod, Yes sir, I've been married a long time. I'm getting pretty good at following instructions. :lol:

Buck, we miss ya man!!! See ya in April!!

Thanks fellas,

Doug

looking good, did you go to the smaller batteries? i ran mine a few times with 3600's and 5000's. the boat didnt seem to know the difference in weight at the speed i am running. i still havent got my props so it is running right about 50 right now. i got to run it about 4 times and blew a water line off the esc and flooded. everything survived except the esc. so now it is official, mine even smells like a FE and i changed the color of the tub near the esc to black. no damage to the boat or paint so i got over it real quick, leason learned about the zip ties.. i decided to follow lead and put a UL-1 esc that i had laying around and got to run it once more. are you installing extra caps on the esc? if so what are they and where do i get them.

as for you: looking good, nice build and thanks for the post

aloha

chuck

Thanks Chuck,

Sorry about the ESC failure. That sucks!

I ran the boat on 4200s, 5000s, and 5500s. I think the truth is the boat just doesn't care. I couldn't tell any difference.

Here's another one. This is the best I've done so far.

I can't wait to get some more wheel time, this thing is a blast!!

Doug

i am with you doug, this thing is so much fun it got me to run an all electric day yesterday, and i havent done that in a long time. ts2 fe, delta force 26" mono and jae rigger....... i forgot about charging all those batteries though...

Play with any more props Doug?
Yes sir,

As far as out of the bag, sharpened and balanced props, I think it's going to be hard to beat the ABC H-7.

There will be three or four of us at the pond this weekend so we'll see what rises to the top. lol

Doug :)

i tried a prop from mark sholund today, it was a modified h-7 and it worked great. before i was running a m545. there wasnt a big difference in speed but the lift was what the boat needed (remember i am the fixed strut guy). i think that right now my limitation is batteries. i am using turnigy 30c's and they have been run through the mill. i have been using those packs for about 40-50 cycles and wasnt always nice to them. looks like some thunder power's are in the works. next i am going to try a modified 1450 from mark as well, it was for the 21 nitro but all my tempstures are still in the 110 degree range and i think a couple mm would be a good thing.

i tried a prop from mark sholund today, it was a modified h-7 and it worked great. before i was running a m545. there wasnt a big difference in speed but the lift was what the boat needed (remember i am the fixed strut guy). i think that right now my limitation is batteries. i am using turnigy 30c's and they have been run through the mill. i have been using those packs for about 40-50 cycles and wasnt always nice to them. looks like some thunder power's are in the works. next i am going to try a modified 1450 from mark as well, it was for the 21 nitro but all my tempstures are still in the 110 degree range and i think a couple mm would be a good thing.
Chuck, When are we gonna see a video of your rigger, it seems that the struts are working out well for you.

Jim

yes the struts are working great. so far i have run the 12 and 21fe (21 nitro is ready but i am starting with 3 new nitro motors and want to break them in one at a time and get the boat dialed before going on to the next one). so far both of the boats i have run with your struts work great. as for video i will try and get some soon but all i have is a cheap digital cam and the video doesnt come out that good, thats why i havent done it yet. i will try to shoot some sometime this week. thanks again for the struts jim and everyone likes the boom tube collars as well.

ok here are a few video's all i have is a cheap camera so i am sorry about the poor quality! keep in mind this is with some used and abused turnigy 3600 30c's (they come out puffy everytime, thunder power 40c 4200's in the mail). i am using jims strut and marks 1450 with ul-1 motor/esc.

ok here are a few video's all i have is a cheap camera so i am sorry about the poor quality! keep in mind this is with some used and abused turnigy 3600 30c's (they come out puffy everytime, thunder power 40c 4200's in the mail). i am using jims strut and marks 1450 with ul-1 motor/esc.

I know this is a bit late but congrats Doug.

Back