JAE 45 FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Jr.

Okay guys, I have a 45 Jae that I'm converting to FE. I have a Leopard 4082 2000kv motor and a 200a esc laying around that I think I'll start with. I was originally thinking 6s but that may be much with the kv rating? Seems people drop to 1600kv for 6s? I want something consistent for a few minutes minutes of hard run time, not SAW....Any recommendations for batteries/setup from you FE guru's? I really want to show these guys that all run Genesis cats bye me what a rigger can do....

Larry I would recomend a 4092 motor for the Jae 45 .We have some running hard for 2 minutes on 6S using a T180 with more caps.The 4082 is small for this size boat. Gill

Before we recommend anything Larry. We need to know how much room you have to work with in the tub. Especially for battery packs. What's the tub width and height on the 45? Those nitro tubs are not very tall. Space and equipment layout to get the proper CG is the biggest concern in converting a Nitro boat to FE power. Many times it involves spreading out the boom tubes. I've done a full P (not limited) and S Rigger that were allot of work but are fast and a blast to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually going to layout the electronics first, then build a cowl accordingly. I've seen the dimensions of 5-6000 mah 6S packs and have no problems accommodating them...So the 4092 would be better? What KV would you recommend?

Larry

I run mostly Neu motors so can't comment myself on what size Leopard but a little bigger is better if you can fit the motor in there. She won't have to work as hard to get the rpms up. For RPM's, my riggers are in the Mid 30k (34-37k no load) for heat racing. They will run for about two and a half minutes. I would say 1600 kv is about right on 6S. If you want to try your 4082, I would go for 5S with that set up. On 6s the RPM's are going to be way high and that means fast heat build up. You would have to either go to a pretty small prop or limit your run times to two or three laps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run both motors on my riggers and will say that for that size boat a 4092 is more appropriate than a 4082.If this boat is for fun you can get a try to a 4092 (2080kv),this is what I have on my twin rigger on 6S using a pair of T-180 with more caps and she runs great for about three minutes with no issues.here a link of this boat:http://grsboats.com.br/novosite/?portfolio=grx-twin-fe-rigger.BUT if you inttend to compete a more conservative set up is strongly recommended as Mike said. Gill

Rounding up all the equipment right now. Just received my hardware from Zip, so I'll be laying out everything next week probably. I'll take some pics as I go. I'm in no hurry, there's 4 inches of ice in front of my house. Lol

Back