Zippkit Crackerbox

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grub

Had an unfortunate incident yesterday. Running a Zippkit N-Box with a stock 230 in high winds and over she went. Came down on the deck of the boat and we had a yard sale. Crap went everywhere and cracked the front of the deck, also caved in in a couple of places some other parts of the deck are loose and the deck around the engine bay has all but disappeared.

Suggestions needed on what to do to survive such a simple flip again.

Should I;

1/just re-skin and paint

2/re-skin then glass and paint

3/just go and get some mansize plywood that won't break

4/get a fibreglass boat

The Schitta-box is the best fun to drive, although don't have any other crackers to run against.

Grub

Don't run in high wind conditions! :lol: Go fly a kite instead. You have to learn to drive slower in the windy stuff, slow into it then haul tail when it's to the back of the boat.

Joe's C-box kits are made out of some heavy-duty wood so maybe somebody used a lousy epoxy or not enough. There's a lot of wood up front with all of the stringers coming together there so it should have been able to take a good hit.

I don't know where you mounted the engine at but it should be very close to that front bulkhead.

Maybe buy another kit and try it again. Yeah, I know there's a LOT of sanding involved but if you have major repairs to do to that one it could be time to use it for tinder. Fiberglas isn't going to take a hit any better than wood.

I have a ZIP Kit Cracker and have flipped it MANNNNY times and no issues other than trying to keep it on the water. Whoever built it must have used CA glue instead of epoxy. I used System 3 on mine and it has held together great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen Zippkit crackers blow over with no damage. I have also seen fiberglass boats blow over with damage, so fiberglass is not the answer. Like others have said, maybe the wrong glue, I don't trust CA and only use 30 minute epoxy, but that's me.

Back