Zipp Pipe In T Boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Muro

Supporting Member
Just a quick question has anybody tried to run this pipe on a stock motor shorter than the 13.5 recommended? If so what have you found? Better responce? No lose of speed in turns? Spin more pitched props for more speed? Want to see what guys have found before I begin my journey. Thank You Jerry

Have one in a modified Zipp Rocket set at 13.5" and have been very happy with the results, spinning a ABC 2514/3 and keeping up with the BIG DAWGS

I say you can't go wrong with it,,, When used as directed.

I run one at 13 1/2 in a Fusion T-Boat and it pulls hard and keeps the revs up. Have experimented with shorter length but found it runs best at recommended setting. Will play more with props and pipe length this year.

Rick

Yes I have been running this at the 13.5 as well just cant leave things alone so thinking about shortening and try spinning differnet props. Just want to see if someone did this excerise with postive results.

I am running a Zip pipe in a Lazer 45 mono with a stock Zenoah with the pipe length set at 13 inches. With a 6518 three blade it pulls hard thru the corners with out sagging. I ran a Hot pipe on this boat earlier and the Zip pipe seems to be better.

Dick Tyndall

Done the test compairing 11 pipes > same engine / test stand / 14-8 airplaine prop ......

Zipp pipe won hands down .................

I couldnt get that one to work for me on a 47 inch seaducer with a stock zen. I was all over the map with length just no success with my hull/prop selections.

DIck thank you that is what I was looking for to see if my time would be well spent testing. Dont want to re-invent the wheel if it was done already. But that is good news I am looking to try a 6717/3 which was modified for a Backlash. Worked on my Backlash should make T boat go pretty good. Any one try this combo?

Rick: Did you test the Zip-Kit pipe at 13 1/2 "

Jerry: What altitude are you running your boat(s) ?

Thanks, Perry

Question for the experts. Do you use the heat wrap on the Zipp pipes that are under cowls- Like the Blazer Laughterbach?

Thanks,

Glenn

My question to Rick is for Rick Reisinger. Sorry Rick Bellinger "right Church wrong pew". Perry

No wrap at all , just Run it > Try a 2716-15 prop > You will see , A stock Zen tahes about 10 tanks to realy brake in right .

> Do not over cool < Most guys run twin pickup rudders { To Cold } Operating tempture needs to be 175 to 185 degrees ,

If it comes back and is hot to the touch but you can keep your finger on it to the count of 4 it is real close .........

if this is the one with the internal stinger, I've kept it at about 13". I've noticed this engine/pipe combo in a Bullitt Tboat is rather insensitive to pipe adjustments at least in terms of performance. Too short and the engine runs hotter, though.

Latest posts

Back