Zipp 30" tunnel update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
US -1T

USA1-30

USA -1T

FST - 30 Fast Stable Tunnel - 30"

HOT - 30 Hold on Tight - 30"

HTTR -30 Hold Tight & Turn Right 30"

4X400T 4 heats x 400 points Tunnel

1600PT 1600 point tunnel

I tested Proto #1 with electric power today. As expected it ran great. I bolted a electric power head on the O.S. lower that the nitro was on, changed prop to something more suitable (I think it is a 1715. I told Brian Buass what class and he sent a prop). The boat ran great right out of the trailer. Made no adjustments. It is ready to race the next two weekends. I ran 3 packs through it. The boat felt solid and was easy to drive. Jerry Dunlap shot a video of the maiden. Hopefully he will post it later and give his impression of the boats performance.

Fellas,

Ric Wally has some impressive runs on his prototype.
We have been finding propellers that this little electric
boat likes. Ric has plenty of video runs and it will pull
quite a bit of propeller. I think Ric has done some great modifications to his boat trying to keep it on the water.
From what I have seen this new boat is plenty fast to
go heat racing anywhere. Ric keep up the great testing
program. BTW, It can pull the ABC 1716-17*-45%
propeller with ease. It is Impressive on the water. 🙂

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

This boat is getting alot of attention. The original plan was to produce an affordable good running kit for the average boater. As it turns out, in my opinion it will be a great race boat, still at an amazing price point. I have no interest in this venture beyond being asked to do some testing. At this point the project is still in the prototype stage. After input from the testers Rod is tweeking a few things trying to really dial the boat in. I think it is very close. The original prototype is a very capable race boat with no bad habbits. None of the boats have needed modifications to "try to keep them on the water".
I am currently building one of the preproduction kits. It goes together really slick. People are going to love what Joe has come up with on the construction side. The build goes really quickly.

The primary mission of this effort was to get new participants interested into RC Boating..... As of this moment we have [5] prototypes running on the water......I have been receiving testing info and videos back from boaters of all skill levels and experience with tunnel boats.....I have been trying different changes to improve the boats performance and reliability and make it very user friendly for the newbie.....
This testing effort has evolved into a very solid tunnel boat platform that will also be very competitive........
The team involved in this testing effort has really performed well and offered excellent testing feedback to me......
I want this boat to do nothing stupid at competitive speeds and have it come back to the beach every time it is launched.....
I think we have accomplished 95% of that design effort.....The last 5% will be up to driver experience and luck and the price point will be phenomenal......
I am very happy with the boat.......Joe will tell you when he will be able to release it for sale......
I will try to get some of the testing videos published for your viewing pleasure....😜
I know the boat currently has the G30 moniker but this was another JAE design and testing effort.......
Rod Geraghty

Last edited:
I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to post some testing videos for your viewing pleasure....Well here goes.....

1] This was the initial run of the "first" production kit boat....The blow off was a result of the flat front radio box and no cowl...
We put a deflector on the front of the radio box and the blow off problem ceased...it was all an aero problem....

2] 2nd Day G30 442 3 Blade CNC Prop Battery was half gone from previous runs.....

3] Second FE Prototype Tunnel 1716 17 45 Prop....

4] Second Prototype FE Tunnel 1815 17 45 Prop....in some nasty water and wind...

5] First production kit boat with an ABC 1614-ABC 3 Blade Chopper Style Propeller ABC 1614-ABC

6] zippkits g30 first production kit /3rd run......When the boat went spear fishing at the end of the run,the motor had siezed...lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygRGcVLMAcY

The prototypes were run with [3] lower unit platforms....the Lawless...the K&B .....and the O.S.....all performed very well....this is a
very happy boat....

That is a snapshot of some of the testing videos....needless to say I am very pleased with the boat...the boats current platform is solid ,
predictable and reliable....The JAE G 30 is a very user friendly boat......

For the modeler who does not feel comfortable building the G30 a "complete" building service will be available through Mike Walker...
1-812-376-7467 or e-mail..... [email protected]
Mike built 4 of the 5 prototypes and he builds a great boat....

The JAE design & R&D teams involvement in this boats development is basically concluded for now.....I am confident the boat will morph to

some degree as it gets out into the modelers hands and we will get our fingers back in as necessary......

As to release dates that is up Joe at Zippkits....I know there are some logistical challenges yet to be solved but they are rapidly coming
to fruition but those decisions are in Joe's pocket....

Thank you for you patience during this endeavor..it has been fun...Rod Geraghty

Last edited:
I know this is more tailored to your everyday boater, but from a competitive standpoint, has anybody got a radar gun on one? What speeds are you guys seeing? Looking like a good hull

Thanks!

Has the boat been ran with a OS outboard or is it just for elec.
The boat is a Hybrid....It is very user friendly with either power plant....Nitro or FE.....
Actually there is a video I believe in the food for thought thread showing the nitro prototype being run by Mark Anderson....

We are just waiting on cowlings, and he is waiting for material.
Everything has been a struggle lately (for obvious reasons), but I think that the extra time only helped the project.
We are very proud of this endeavor, and the collaboration that made it happen.

As far as construction, we have taken the Jerry Dunlap WOF concept a step further, and the results are amazing and absolutely simple.
This was an empty slate when we started, and I think we nailed it as far as assembly and performance.

The new boats will be the G30 and G48. It's obvious who did 90% of the design work, so we think it is appropriate to at least give him a letter...
The G48 will begin testing this summer. Same boat, only bigger!

We don't have a waiting list. We have a notify list. Contact us, and we will put you on a list to be notified when the G30 is available. You can then buy one, or 5, or none at all. Totally up to you. We will just let you know they are ready.
We can cut 20 kits a day (night), so don't worry about availability once they are out.

Also, we won't sell any kits without the cowl for now. Just too much to keep track of and the shipping will be doubled (the cowl is the biggest part of the kit).

The best news? The introductory price for the kit and cowl will be just $89.00! We will have a boat combo with the ZippCut foam cutting system for only $99.00!
We also stock the motor, ESC, correct props, etc. We will have an ultimate Combo available as well.

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback and support!

Joe

IMG_1534.JPG

Back