ZigZag3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikehowse

My buddy gave me a zigzag he had in the garage(looks new) I charge the Battery and toss it in it runs fine for a minute, then the throttle cuts in and out. Any ideas? Im not an electric guy. though i do want to put a outrunner in it lol.

What type of battery is it? Assuming the battery is OK and charges, it might be a low voltage cutoff programmed in the ESC.

Its the stock 7.2v 1000Mah pack. The weird this is out of the water it works fine, but when I toss it in the problem starts.

When you toss it in the propeller loads which puts more strain on the battery/engine.

You can get the manual here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/zig-zag-racer-3-rtr-silver-HBZ3700#t6

Looking through it, I don't see a battery option that isn't NiMh so you most likely don't have a lipo LVC issue. Do you have a reliable battery tester or another 7.2V - 8.4V battery to try? NiMh batteries that have just been sitting for a long time have a tendancy to crap out. Some times you can cycle them back and sometimes you can't.

yeah I dont have any electric stuff. Wonder if theres someone around me who could solder up some new stuff If I bought it. Looks like I need to make an order from evil ol chinese hobby king lol

Latest posts

Back