ZENOAH ON SPRINT CAR FUEL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOOTERS Racing

HI ALL

i was talking to a guy at work today and he asked me if you can run a g260 on alcohol type fuels

like that used in sprint cars and so on if so do you need to change any thing if so what and is it realy

worth it will the run with av gas pros and cons of both fuels?

ian

HI ALLi was talking to a guy at work today and he asked me if you can run a g260 on alcohol type fuels

like that used in sprint cars and so on if so do you need to change any thing if so what and is it realy

worth it will the run with av gas pros and cons of both fuels?

ian
Ian you'll need to change to an alky carb for starters. The stock carbs will not work. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup,

Deffinatly need more fuel volume.

I'm not sure on the little motors,but on my injected big blocks, you could figure about 2.5 times the volume of Methanol vs. the volume of gasoline. You could add 3-4 degrees to the timing in the motors and boost the compression also.

And due to the volume of liquids in the cumbustion chamber,a good hot spark is a must.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure you can, and yes you will gain some power, question is is it worth what you will have to sacrifice?? You will need to switch to an alky carb, hotter plug, you can advance the timing although it will give you more power the way more compression does it really does not increase compression. To get the full potential out of the fuel you will need to raise compression ( you can do this by using copper shim gaskets, but it wil affect cylinder timing), some minor port work would not hurt( to increase air volume). Your fuel consumption will go up quite a bit, add this to the cost of alky based fuels and you will begin to ask yourself if it is worth it. I am personally doing the same thing right now just to see how much of a difference it makes in my boat. I have been told as little as 1000 rpm to as much as 4000 rpm more with a small hp gain. The biggest thing you will notice are the cooler running temps. You may have to restrict water flow some to get the engine temp up enough to burn the fuel efficiently.

Hope this helps,

Zach

My 2 cents , Lived in PA for awhile helped a local sprint car team that runs up front even when the Outlaws showed up . They add Nitro to there tanks sometimes . Not sure what percentage though .

Outlaws suck , PA Posse rules

why not just run glow fule in your gas mix i have done this for years in my dirt bikes and man talk about a wakeup call but i will tell you now it doesnt take much a little goes a long ways

Call Red - max they will probaly make a mix for you without oil in it

A Walbro WT-499 carb will solve the metering issues. We ran a Zenoah on store bought 15% model airplane fuel for about one full season. Ran fine, with about a 1000rpm gain under load. You do need to run WD-40 and afterrun oil through the engine after running, and run a small amount of wd40 or gas/oil mix through the carb before quitting for the day. Remember that it corrosive and alcy collects water.

A Walbro WT-499 carb will solve the metering issues. We ran a Zenoah on store bought 15% model airplane fuel for about one full season. Ran fine, with about a 1000rpm gain under load. You do need to run WD-40 and afterrun oil through the engine after running, and run a small amount of wd40 or gas/oil mix through the carb before quitting for the day. Remember that it corrosive and alcy collects water.
Alky sure is safer than gasoline. Current rules wont let you race in IMPBA with it. I raced Karts for 2 years big advantage to using ALKY one thing is it runns cooler.We watched head temp and adjusted timing till we kept the motor at 350 degrees under extreme load..........Mike

hi all

thanks for the replys

where would one find all the parts to convert a g260 and what specs would i need to give to

my motor builder thanks

ian

Latest posts

Back